Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I Believe South Park Crossed A Line 
    Their episode last night was about the Jersey Shore and how these types of numbnuts were taking over the country. It was a very funny episode. South Park didn't want to become West Jersey so they decided to fight but knew they didn't have enough manpower so Randy(Stan's dad) decided to seek help. He couldn't get any help from the other western states(his phone call to Ahnold was hilarious) so he enlisted the help of Al Qaeda. When the Jersey Shore people started advancing, they shot as many as they could but they ran out of ammo. Just when all seemed lost, here comes Al Qaeda flying commercial airliners...and they started crashing them into the invaders. Ugh. I know these guys rip on everyone but this, I believe, crossed a line. Only because, as goofy and asinine as The Jersey Shore is, a lot of New Jersey residents died on 9/11 and I thought it in poor taste to have planes crashing into people to kill them. Am I being overly sensitive or do you think they crossed a line somewhat here?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I would be more surprised if you said there was an episode that didn't cross a line.

Just more obscenity for an increasingly vulgar culture.

They should have waited 10 more months.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    They should have waited 10 more months.
    You saw it too I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I would be more surprised if you said there was an episode that didn't cross a line.

Just more obscenity for an increasingly vulgar culture.
    Every once in a while, you and I agree on something.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I don't watch South Park regularly. I do always laugh, though, when I see it. Crossing the line is their thing. I've yet to see an episode and not cringe at it.

I stopped watching South Park when they did the Passion of the Christ episode. The anti-semetism was just way to much.

I've seen one episode since then, and that was the World of Warcraft one.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I stopped watching South Park when they did the Passion of the Christ episode. The anti-semetism was just way to much.

I've seen one episode since then, and that was the World of Warcraft one.
    I don't think they were being anti-semitic, but mocking the perceived anti-antisemitism of Mel Gibson and his film. I haven't seen it in a while, so I could be wrong, but that's the way I rememeber it. I don't think the producers of South Park are anti-semitic.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    I don't think they were being anti-semitic, but mocking the perceived anti-antisemitism of Mel Gibson and his film. I haven't seen it in a while, so I could be wrong, but that's the way I rememeber it. I don't think the producers of South Park are anti-semitic.
    I don't think they are either and what I do like about them is that they rip on everybody and I do mean everybody. The episode Margaritaville made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt. However, I don't think poking fun at 9/11 is cool but that's just me. Hell, that entire episode was ripping on NJ and I loved it, until the suicide crashing thing.

I haven't seen many episodes at all. The Michael Jackson one was hilarious, as was the "Golden ticket" one. I can't say that I even remember any other episodes I saw.