1. #1 Students cooling on Obama, poll finds 
    link

pstokely Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:18 PM
    Original message
    Students cooling on Obama, poll finds

Edited on Thu Oct-14-10 11:31 PM by pstokely
    Source: Associated Press

WASHINGTON The Obama excitement that pervaded college campuses two years ago has faded.

An Associated Press-mtvU poll found college students cooling in their support for President Barack Obama, a fresh sign of trouble for Democrats struggling to rekindle enthusiasm among the newest voters for the crucial midterm elections in three weeks.

Forty-four percent of students approve of the job Obama is doing as president, while 27 percent are unhappy, according to the survey conducted late last month. That's a significant drop from the 60 percent who gave the president high marks in a May 2009 poll. Only 15 percent had a negative opinion back then.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/14/1760103/stu...

Isn't this normal for a mid term? You won't be able to get all of them out no matter what but you can get enough if them out. Probably didn't call any cell phones
    What...have they taken out telephones in dorm rooms now?
    Aramchek Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:29 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. what a load of shit!

Edited on Thu Oct-14-10 11:30 PM by Aramchek
    this was probably a landline poll taboot.
    Yep,.....if it's something they don't want to hear or believe it's just a "load of shit". :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    []

What...have they taken out telephones in dorm rooms now?
    Yep,.....if it's something they don't want to hear or believe it's just a "load of shit". :)
    If young uns can not find a job when they graduate or have recently got laid off and saddled with debt, their enthusiasm for Obummer and politicians right now are not too keen. That hope and change is not working out too good for them.

I'm a school dropout, and I'll be 72 next month. I've never been without a job. Because I worked hard and paid attention to things around me and chose not to rely on others, I was able to retire debt free at 54.

Anybody can do it.

Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here.
    Last edited by marv; 10-15-2010 at 09:19 AM.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    I'm a school dropout, and I'll be 72 next month. I've never been without a job. Because I worked hard and paid attention to things around me and chose not to rely on others, I was able to retire debt free at 54.

Anybody can do it.

Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here.
    Times were different for you. Education up to 9th grade was much more useful than it is today. People worked harder. Kids took on more responsibility at a younger age. We coddle our kids now. We think 19 is too young to be responsible for feeding themselves. And everybody thinks college is the holy grail for which all other needs to be self sufficient and responsible must come to a grinding halt.

Forty-four percent of students approve of the job Obama is doing as president
    Forty-four percent of students are also completely politically retarded and devoid of political common sense.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand