Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 An evangelical bouncy 
    Good Lord!

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...K2795320080820

Gilligan (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 07:46 AM
    Original message
    My evangelical, born again christian, drug addicted, crazy friend left today

She knows that the earth is only 6,000 years old. She knows that her invisible sky being friend is watching over her and that I am going to hell.

It was a train wreck from fucking hell. I was in the 7th circle of Hell.

She lectured me on how abortion is murder and how Jesus really does care and about being saved and how John McCain was a god fearing man. She told me why I was so wrong for voting for the anti-christ, black man Obama,

She brought her loud, obnoxious kid and her two dogs over and she had one giant anxiety attack after another because she was trying to come off of prescription meds. She begged me to let her stay at our home while she detoxed from 30 to 40 opiates a day.

My two kids told her that God is a figment of her imagination. She told them they were going to burn in Hell.

My kids are 7 and 8.

I had to hold her hand as she cried and went mental - BUT FOLKS....

She made sure to tell me that I am a major fuck up because I do not believe in god.

The 2 days she was here was absolute HELL. She ate our satanic food and slept in our satanic bed and let her kid play with my satanic kids .... Her dogs ate our satanic dog food and shit in our satanic yard.... (I am an atheist - this means to her that I worship satin.)

Here's a good one, when my daughter wanted to watch "The Golden Compass" The crazy woman went mental saying it was a satanic movie and that she would forbid the movie to be played. Her kid was praying and crying for us all to be saved.
    It was a magical moment and if anything has ever convinced me that these people are INSANE.... This one goes to the top of the list.

Last but not least - She called her son a HOMOSEXUAL when she was angry with him... BTW, he is 7 years old. She meant it in a derogatory term. My son, who is 8, asked her why she hated gay people.... She answered that "Gay is a nice word for sick people who will burn in hell."

If you think she is extreme, well... you are wrong. She is typical of their movement.

I need to scream now... My kids need to scream with me - They were horrified along with me.

Let's compare this story to the "How to get kicked out of Walmart" thread or "Got arrested at the polls" thread, where similar behavior is exalted as great work towards better social good.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

If she consider's this woman a "friend"....what do her enemies look like?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
    She lectured me on how abortion is murder and how Jesus really does care and about being saved and how John McCain was a god fearing man. She told me why I was so wrong for voting for the anti-christ, black man Obama,
    Race obession over there. When race is the only card in your deck I guess you just play it over...and over....and..
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Bouncy, bouncy.
    Throwing in every hateful stereotype one can have about Christians in one post.

Love how 'Gilligan' portrays her as a horrible bigot, then says, "If you think she is extreme, well... you are wrong. She is typical of their movement."
    What a true case of the pot calling the kettle black.

btw, there probably aren't even too many families that have 'The Golden Compass' on DVD because of how badly it bombed. It was such a colossal flop that plans to make movies out of the other books in the series were soon scrapped.

I'm never met any of of those "typical" Christians. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

A friend of mine refuses to even ring people up for "The Golden Compass" at her work, she has someone else do the transaction. She will not put it on the shelves either. She explained to me the other day her reasoning for it, and I think she's totally justified in her belief.

But other than that, the OP's story is full of Bouncy, I think the only people who think like that are those Westboro Cult nutjobs who protest at the troops' funerals. So unless she is friends with the most extremist right nutjob cult in history's leader, I don't buy it.
    Hello, welcome to the United States of America.
    Please press 1 for English. If you can't please press 2 to disconnect until you learn how to speak English. Thank you.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by InspiredHome View Post
    I'm never met any of of those "typical" Christians. Maybe I'm missing something.
    http://www.fstdt.com/

Yes, those types of Christians do exist. Whether or not this fuckwad actually had one in her/his/its house is debatable. However, there are some people out there who make Evangelical T.V. Christians look normal

I believe that there are close minded bigots in the Christian community, of course.

I don't believe that Gilligan's Christian went throw withdrawl in Gilligan's home and managed to go on and on about the evils of Gilligan's family and the homosexuals.

If the story IS at all true, then Gilligan's children are assholes, as well. They went into the room and taunted a detoxing friend with the idea that God is a fantasy. Who the hell does that?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by GenYConservative View Post
    A friend of mine refuses to even ring people up for "The Golden Compass" at her work, she has someone else do the transaction. She will not put it on the shelves either. She explained to me the other day her reasoning for it, and I think she's totally justified in her belief.
    So you have no problem with a Muslim checkout person who won't ring up pork products at the supermarket?