Thread: Lockup

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Lockup 
    Anyone watch this show? Every time I do, I find myself thankful at the prison I work at. It's nowhere near as ugly or bad as these jails.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I've never even heard of it. I can't imagine being in prison or working in one. Watching something like that would make me depressed or nervous or both. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've never even heard of it. I can't imagine being in prison or working in one. Watching something like that would make me depressed or nervous or both. :(
    I'm with you there, I can't even watch stuff like that without it depressing me to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm with you there, I can't even watch stuff like that without it depressing me to an extent.
    I even felt sorry for Martha Stewart and that's just wrong. :(

I watch it because it's educational to me. I listen and learn. Like I said, the prison I work at is nowhere near as bad as San Quintin or Holman or Rikers but it's bad enough. Big Guy can attest to our jobs. Mine is a medium security prison but we do have lifers. And some pretty heinous people. I've had conversations with killers who talk about their crimes like we were discussing baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I even felt sorry for Martha Stewart and that's just wrong. :(
    Loss of freedom deserved or not is something I don't want to watch for entertainment.
    Martha Stewart was made an example of, nothing was accomplished in any way by her incarceration other than to satisfy some peoples class envy.

Sonnabend
    Martha Stewart was made an example of, nothing was accomplished in any way by her incarceration other than to satisfy some peoples class envy.
    Sorry Rock, wrong on this one

Stewart and former Merrill Lynch broker Peter Bacanovic were convicted March 5 of obstructing justice, conspiracy and making false statements related to Stewart's suspicious sale of ImClone Systems stock in late 2001.
    She lied to investigators.

Prosecutors argued that Stewart sold her ImClone stock only after Bacanovic told his assistant to tip her off that ImClone founder Sam Waksal was trying to sell. Stewart and Bacanovic had told investigators they had an arrangement to sell once the stock fell to $60.
    All she had to do was tell the truth. She chose to lie. Obstruction of justice is a serious crime here as well. Sorry Rock, but she got what she deserved.

Class envy had nothing to do with this, lying to a cop here can get you arrested, lying to a cop in the US can get you arrested, lying to a federal investigation? Gets you jail time.

No sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's not easy keeping sane. It's tough being surrounded by people like this not knowing if this is going to be the last day I saw my wife(we work together). Of course there hasn't been a C.O. killed in the line of duty since 1987 but you can never relax. I do laugh and joke with the inmates. But they know if it's on, I will screw them into the ground post haste and I understand they have the same position. The gangs and the young punks are the big problem. The lifers, they're the ones you want on your tier because they don't make trouble. It's the young punks. But I don't back down. You can't show weakness. Even though you're vastly outnumbered, you still must maintain authority.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It's not easy keeping sane. It's tough being surrounded by people like this not knowing if this is going to be the last day I saw my wife(we work together). Of course there hasn't been a C.O. killed in the line of duty since 1987 but you can never relax. I do laugh and joke with the inmates. But they know if it's on, I will screw them into the ground post haste and I understand they have the same position. The gangs and the young punks are the big problem. The lifers, they're the ones you want on your tier because they don't make trouble. It's the young punks. But I don't back down. You can't show weakness. Even though you're vastly outnumbered, you still must maintain authority.
    When I was sixteen I spent six months behind bars in solitary because they didn't want to put me in with the adult population, when I got out I was half nuts for awhile.
    I fell in with the wrong crowd and possession of stolen property was frowned on severely back then.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The lifers, they're the ones you want on your tier because they don't make trouble. It's the young punks. But I don't back down
    Have you ever met an inmate where you thought "this guy really doesn't belong here (in prison)"? Just curious.