Thread: Lockup

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70
  1. #11  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,029
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Have you ever met an inmate where you thought "this guy really doesn't belong here (in prison)"? Just curious.
    Several in fact. One actually got out(his sentence was overturned). But believe you me, most of these people are right where they belong. However, I've had many a discussion with inmates and there are some, and a lot of them gang bangers, who are much smarter than to be where they are. I talked to this one kid for over an hour one night and in the end I, hopefully, had him convinced that he should follow another path. He was smart. Way too smart to be gang banging. But I'm afraid that once he gets out, he'll go back to the hood and fall into the same garbage.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Several in fact. One actually got out(his sentence was overturned). But believe you me, most of these people are right where they belong.
    Thx, NJCF. I find this sort of thing really interesting.

    However, I've had many a discussion with inmates and there are some, and a lot of them gang bangers, who are much smarter than to be where they are. I talked to this one kid for over an hour one night and in the end I, hopefully, had him convinced that he should follow another path. He was smart. Way too smart to be gang banging. But I'm afraid that once he gets out, he'll go back to the hood and fall into the same garbage.
    Yeah, it's tough. On one hand we all see young men (who are smart enough to know better) get caught up in this cycle, and you want to smack em silly. On the other hand, it's really all they know I guess. It's a slave culture, and probably a worse slave culture than actual slavery.
     

  3. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Thx, NJCF. I find this sort of thing really interesting.

    Yeah, it's tough. On one hand we all see young men (who are smart enough to know better) get caught up in this cycle, and you want to smack em silly. On the other hand, it's really all they know I guess. It's a slave culture, and probably a worse slave culture than actual slavery.
    I think you're on to something there. Slaves want to be free - really free. They don't want to go from one master to another which is what gang members actually do when you think about it. :(
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I think you're on to something there. Slaves want to be free - really free. They don't want to go from one master to another which is what gang members actually do when you think about it. :(
    The 'hood' is a slave culture - destruction of the traditional family unit, reliance on the "powers that be" who have complete and total control over when you get your next meal vs when you get thrown in a cell for offending the master. This is the liberal socialist state at work. And then, within it, the hierarchies that form are also person ownership. Try to leave a gang and what happens? That's slavery too.
     

  5. #15  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,073
    I watch it when I work Mid-Shifts back home. It's an interesting show.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
     

  6. #16  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Have you ever met an inmate where you thought "this guy really doesn't belong here (in prison)"? Just curious.
    I only met one who was Black. Seriously. I met several who were white or Mexican who I had no doubt would never see the inside of a prison again. But every Black inmate I ever met was going to be back. Every single one of them with one exception and that was because he was completely innocent.

    When I was first released I felt that there was a chasnce I would go back. I often broke parole by going out of my area without permission. Even had to run from the cops once as a result. I have really straightened up since though. And now that I have Deeanna I do not want to even tempt fate and have her lose the only person who has ever promised to be by her no matter what.
     

  7. #17  
    Grouchy Old Broad Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Posts
    3,699
    I've watched this a time or two. I don't really care to watch for long though,
    sometimes I'll be flipping around and will stop on it for a few minutes if I run
    across it. To me it's not so much depressing as it is irritating to me. I'd not be
    a good corrections officer. I'd want to open up and mow the mouthy ones down.
    A lot of the inmates they show are just pure human waste and don't deserve to
    be housed and fed on my tax dollar. They need to be terminated like you would
    a rabid dog. The death penalty is grosely underutilized in my opinion.

    The show I really like to watch is Gang Wars. I like the way they present the
    origins and roots of how the particular gang got started and the history of how
    it developed and grew. Then the way undercover law enforcement infiltrates
    them. I like that show better, I guess due to the investigative aspect rather than
    the prision life after they are convicted.
     

  8. #18  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,029
    Prison inmates are no different than any other scumbag on the street. They tend to talk a good game knowing that if a law enforcement officer removes a few teeth, the scumbag is going to get rich and the cop is going to be unemployed. However, I handle the smart asses differently. I don't get violent. Nope. I shake my head at them and tell them to gas up(go away). Then that's about the time I take my fat ass out of my chair and do my required cell searches. Of course Mr. Smart Ass' cell is the first one that gets searched. His stuff, nothing happens. His bunk goes untouched and his locker remains the same way he left it. His bunkie's stuff gets trashed. I swag the fuck out of them(Speedy, feel free to define the term swag), throw their mattress on the floor, dump everything in his locker on the now empty bunk. I do the same with the cells flanking the smart ass' cell.

    Another of my favorite pastimes is when inmates decide to be cell gangsters. I pick 3 cells at random in the relative direction where the comments were coming from and toss those cells. When the inmates who's cells were tossed ask me why, I tell them because someone was talking trash and it may not have been them but they know who it was and if it keeps up, everybody wears it. The bullshit usually stops.

    Now, if I catch an inmate in a cell where they don't belong, this is what I do.(And this hasn't been challenged yet)I would have the door locked out, call my sergeant(when you call for the sergeant to report to the unit, it usually means someone is going to lockup), and when the sarge and troops got there, I'd tell the sarge that while walking the tier, I look in this cell and saw that this particular inmate didn't belong in this cell and not only was he in the wrong cell, but he was on his knees with the other inmates penis in his hand. Believe me, both end up going to lock up. Speedy can attest that this is a label the inmate does not want.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
     

  9. #19  
    BSR
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Prison inmates are no different than any other scumbag on the street. They tend to talk a good game knowing that if a law enforcement officer removes a few teeth, the scumbag is going to get rich and the cop is going to be unemployed. However, I handle the smart asses differently. I don't get violent. Nope. I shake my head at them and tell them to gas up(go away). Then that's about the time I take my fat ass out of my chair and do my required cell searches. Of course Mr. Smart Ass' cell is the first one that gets searched. His stuff, nothing happens. His bunk goes untouched and his locker remains the same way he left it. His bunkie's stuff gets trashed. I swag the fuck out of them(Speedy, feel free to define the term swag), throw their mattress on the floor, dump everything in his locker on the now empty bunk. I do the same with the cells flanking the smart ass' cell.

    Another of my favorite pastimes is when inmates decide to be cell gangsters. I pick 3 cells at random in the relative direction where the comments were coming from and toss those cells. When the inmates who's cells were tossed ask me why, I tell them because someone was talking trash and it may not have been them but they know who it was and if it keeps up, everybody wears it. The bullshit usually stops.

    Now, if I catch an inmate in a cell where they don't belong, this is what I do.(And this hasn't been challenged yet)I would have the door locked out, call my sergeant(when you call for the sergeant to report to the unit, it usually means someone is going to lockup), and when the sarge and troops got there, I'd tell the sarge that while walking the tier, I look in this cell and saw that this particular inmate didn't belong in this cell and not only was he in the wrong cell, but he was on his knees with the other inmates penis in his hand. Believe me, both end up going to lock up. Speedy can attest that this is a label the inmate does not want
    .
    You're a shit bag. But you knew that already, huh?


    So you have a problem with an inmate and instead of handling it like an adult, you act like a fucking dick. This is the shit that's going to get a prison guard stabbed in the throat by someone you fucked with and has nothing to lose... And you'll wonder why he went crazy and give your "sincere condolences" to his or her family.
    Last edited by BSR; 10-16-2010 at 08:17 PM.
     

  10. #20  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,029
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    You're a shit bag. But you knew that already, huh?


    So you have a problem with an inmate and instead of handling it like an adult, you act like a fucking dick. This is the shit that's going to get a prison guard stabbed in the throat by someone you fucked with and has nothing to lose... And you'll wonder why he went crazy and give your "sincere condolences" to his or her family.
    You know not of what you speak. You know nothing of what goes on. You've never worked the job. Never had to use this type of psychology in order to get people who are somewhere for not playing by the rules to play by the rules. What do you suggest, I be nice to them? These are not nice people. You see, there is a method to my madness. I can write charges until I get writers cramp or give them extra duty until the entire unit is G.I.'d but usually it's the same inmates who act like they own the place. So, the next best thing is to stop focusing on the one inmate and start focusing on the rest of the house. When the other 123 start to get on him, believe me, they fall into line. And believe me when I tell you that I am probably one of the more easy going C.O.'s. I don't break anything like some others are apt to do. I don't make a mess until it's all I can stands that I can't stands no more. It's called jailing. What I describe above are last resort things. You write a charge for an inmate being in the wrong cell and guess what, 2 days later you see he was written up again for it. They don't learn from being given basic loss of rec or extra duty. Sometimes you have to resort to extremes in order to get people to comply. What would you do? Say pretty please? Again, you have no clue of what you speak and have never been in this line of work so the next time you feel the need to go off, get a clue first. Until then, shut your fucking mouth.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •