Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Wee Wee, I Challenge You To A Debate 
    Wee Wee, let's stop with the bullshit and let's debate the issues. I hereby challenge you to a debate on the issues of economics and anything else and I invite all here to ask the questions you want answered and I request that one of the mods moderate this debate. So, Wee Wee, feel like putting your money where your mouth is? The questions won't be a gang up on either one of us but questions like ones asked in a regular debate. The questions will be put to either one of us and after one answers, the other can rebut.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Don't you declare every week that you have me on ignore?

Alright buddy sure thing fire away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Whatever you want to talk about buddy.
    Last edited by Wei Wu Wei; 10-17-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    ...I invite all here to ask the questions you want answered...
    Okay,

Two questions for wee wee...
    1. What is the source of wealth?

2. How is wealth best distributed?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Moved to GD from TD, simply because this thread has been self identified as "debate", and the TD is not for debate.

How many times do I have to say it. The TD is for CUers to beat the living crap out of each other, not for debate.

If you boys want this to be a one-one-one, it is up to you to police it.

You will have to use your razor-sharp wits to do so. If it gets too out of hand, we might or might not step in.

Keep it as genteel as you so far are doing, and we'll not need to trouble ourselves, either way.

Thanks

Hamps.
    Last edited by hampshirebrit; 10-17-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Moved to GD from TD, simply because this thread has been self identified as "debate", and the TD is not for debate.

How many times do I have to say it. The TD is for CUers to beat the living crap out of each other, not for debate.

If you boys want this to be a one-one-one, it is up to you to police it.

You will have to use your razor-sharp wits to do so. If it gets too out of hand, we might or might not step in.

Keep it as genteel as you so far are doing, and we'll not need to trouble ourselves, either way.

Thanks

Hamps.
    Nah, this will be lighthearted. At least I will attempt do so.

OK, have at it. It could actually be a good thread.

There is possibly a case to be made for having a place for one-on-one debate of a non- TD kind.

I'll moderate it under relaxed TD rules.

I believe that the first question goes to New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Okay,

Two questions for wee wee...
    1. What is the source of wealth?

2. How is wealth best distributed?
    I'll field this one.

1) This question is someone ambiguous so I'll try my best because it depends on one's definition of wealth. I'm going to limit this to greenbacks. All wealth accumulated by someone started as nothing. In this country, you can become wealthy in many different ways. You can come up with a product or service everyone wants or needs(Bill Gates). You can be born into it(the Kennedy's and Rockefeller) or you can win it like in a lottery or gambling. You can also steal it(insert mafia family here). A vast majority of the wealthiest among us fall into the first category. They have some kind of skill or product they created or service they can offer that is in demand. Be it Gates or Jobs who revolutionized the computer industry, or a musician, actor, or athlete. Or even low profile people like doctors, lawyers, or businesspeople. All of these mentioned take a lot of work and sacrifice to achieve. They wouldn't be making what they made if what they did wasn't considered valuable to the populace.

2) Wealth is earned and not distributed. You should only make what you are worth or what you put into it. If your desire is to sit on your fanny and do nothing, then you should be paid accordingly. If you are working and feel your efforts are under appreciated, then seek employment elsewhere. Especially if everything is laid out before you take the job. If you don't like the conditions, then don't work there. There is an old saying that goes, "If you've always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got." Truer words have never been spoken.

Ball is in your court, Mr WeiWuWei. You did say whatever he wanted to talk about.

So talk. This is your moment of glory. Make it worth our while.

Good luck! Getting a valid, reasoned response from a libertard is nearly impossible. Whatever this becomes, can we please keep the rebuttals down to a couple of paragraphs? I can only stand so much double-speak.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand