Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Which football teams have the most dedicated fans 
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...astoriginalsC5
    • Average annual stadium attendance percentage for 2006-present, according to ESPN, weighed in part by the team’s record over that period.

• Average Fan Cost Index for 2006-2010, according to Team Marketing Report, a leading sports marketing firm. The Fan Cost Index represents the total cost of four average-price tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four regular-size hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs, and two adult-size adjustable caps. This number was then measured against the average per capita income for each metropolitan area for 2006-2009 (the most recent year available) according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis

• Tailgating rank for each city, according to the National Tailgating Index, compiled by an “alliance of tailgating experts” and commissioned by KVH Industries and DirecTv in 2007

To view your teams click here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2212/1/
    It's surprising how many team underfill their attendance capacity.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

I'm surprised that the Eagles aren't higher. Wife and I are on the waiting list for season tickets and are something like 10,000th on the list. My Cardinals are 15th. Considering the shithole they played in from 1988 to 2003, now having a stadium that is sold out week after week is a huge accomplishment. The other thing to look at, that this survey doesn't tough on, is team success. The Saints being near the bottom is an anomaly but most of the teams in the bottom half have been struggling. The Raiders bring up the rear on this list but I'll be willing to bet there is no team with a more rabid fan base than the Raidiz. Most fans who brings up the base are bandwagon jumpers.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I can't believe the Raiders are last in this category.

I would have guessed Green Bay and Philly would be very high, but figured Pittsburgh would also.

It's hard to quantify this stuff. Interesting analysis, though.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I can. The fans they do get are pretty dedicated but when you can't sell out any games during the season it will put you on the low end of that list. In fact I can't remember the last time there was a Raider home game on TV here in the bay area. You have to sell out 72 hours before game time to prevent the blackout and the Raiders never do.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I can. The fans they do get are pretty dedicated but when you can't sell out any games during the season it will put you on the low end of that list. In fact I can't remember the last time there was a Raider home game on TV here in the bay area. You have to sell out 72 hours before game time to prevent the blackout and the Raiders never do.
    Interesting. I look at the crowd shots and the fans seem rabid and really into it. Never noticed the empty seats. Of course, they don't like to show those on TV do they?

I would have guessed Green Bay and Philly would be very high, but figured Pittsburgh would also.

The Philly thing baffles me because they sell season standing room only tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The Philly thing baffles me because they sell season standing room only tickets.
    Yeah. They scored pretty good but I figured they'd be at the top. I'm watching them now.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    The Detroit Lions.

I present myself as exhibit "A".

Seriously. How many other teams would STILL be able to sell out ANY home games if they offered up as bad of a product that they have put forth over the last 10 years?
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Not only is Pittsburgh's attendance high - this town turns into a ghost town when ever the Steelers are playing. Nearly everyone is either in front of a TV at home or in a bar watching the game if they're not at the stadium live and in person. :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

What's been up with the Pirates, Poli?