Thread: Any Catholics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I assume by "Catholic" you mean roman - right? I'm catholic - but not Roman.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I assume by "Catholic" you mean roman - right? I'm catholic - but not Roman.
    Dork! You knew what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Dork! You knew what he meant.
    Meh. pet peve. I hate when people act like they own a word.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Dad was an ex-Catholic. I thought about following in his footsteps, but I believe in contraception.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

I have catholic relatives, but my grandfather rejected that faith around the time the nuns in Austria tied his left hand behind his back so that he could learn to write with his right hand, as only Satan's children are lefties. One of my uncles converted when he got married, same with one of my cousins.

My mom was raised episcopalian, my dad was raised methodist. I was christened in a methodist church, but my parents joined a UCC church when we moved to Grand Rapids, which is what I grew up attending. My dad couldn't deal with the kneeling involved in the episcopalian church, and my mom didn't like the methodist church for some reason (probably not liberal enough for her). The UCC church in our neighborhood had Sunday School for the kids during the service for the adults, so my parents both agreed on that issue.

I know some Catholics...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis