Thread: No Imu Kalua Pork!
#1 No Imu Kalua Pork!10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Pulled pork hawaiian style! Yes. No Imu means no smoker! So how did I make this succulent, smokey tasting pork dish!?!
Well I'll tell ya how! First, forget about going out and buying 20 bucs worth of nasty charcoal and buy a package of banana leaves. Instead of slow, way too long, slow smoking with wood we will use liquid smoke! Haha, liquid smoke!
It works, dont take my word for it, I'll let Emeril tell you!
Word from Emeril!
From Chef and Author Emeril Lagasse and Sam Choy
Friday, May 18, 2001
A Hawaiian luau wouldn't be a luau without the roasted pig! From Good Morning America's Emeril Lagasse and Hawaiian chef, Sam Choy, the traditional pig and everything to go with it.
8 lbs. pork butt
4 tbsp. Liquid smoke
4 tbsp. Hawaiian salt
8 to 12 large ti leaves, ribs removed ( I used banana leaves)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. After scoring pork on all sides with quarter-inch deep slits, about an inch apart, rub with salt, then liquid smoke.
3. Wrap the pork completely in ti leaves, tie with string and wrap in foil.
4. Place meat in a shallow roasting pan with 2 cups of water and roast for four hours.
5. Dissolve 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt in 2 cups boiling water and add a few drops of liquid smoke.
6. Shred the cooked pork and let stand in this solution for a few minutes before serving.
Getting in the pan!
Oh So tender and delicious!
: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
” I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|