Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Sigh, part 2.

Reganism is dead. W killed it once and for all. You will never have a hyper-conservative as President of the US as long as we are as "diverse" as we are today. Now that Liberals have figured out how to use a progressive tax structure to buy votes, Reaganism is gone.

You just need to accept the fact that politics at the National level is the "lesser of the two evils". Unless America splits into the Conservative and Liberal territories, you will always have a liberal president. You just need to decide HOW liberal.
    Ok True....
    I don't believe that we can't reverse the collectivist mindset though.....I'm optimistic that we can achieve a viable third option. It may take a serious event, but Bush and Clinton have guaranteed that is inevitable with their pathetic policies.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I didn't think you were voting for him anyway.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I didn't think you were voting for him anyway.
    Of course, he's not. Mikie's purpose here is to play the staunch conservative who's disgruntled with the "liberal" McCain. I find it interesting that the litmus test he's applying (I thought only evil libs applied litmust tests), i.e., that of being against abortion, is, or should be, one of McCain's strong points. In my understanding McCain has been consistently "pro-life" throughout his career; so what does it really matter as to his Veep's views on the issue.

Since I am personally pro-choice, if I were one of those evil liberals who apply litmus tests, I would be forced to vote for Obama. Fortunately, I'm not.

Two sides. Same coin.

On edit: They're showing McCain right now on CNN answering questions from a bunch of whacky-whackies in New Mexico. They're grilling him about his VP choice and that person's views on abortion. I'm beginning to understand why the R's are losing so many affluent, traditional Republican voters. Who really wants to be associated with these idiots?
    Last edited by Cold Warrior; 08-20-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Who really wants to be associated with these idiots?
    Its actually surprising this hasn't happened earlier.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    On edit: They're showing McCain right now on CNN answering questions from a bunch of whacky-whackies in New Mexico. They're grilling him about his VP choice and that person's views on abortion. I'm beginning to understand why the R's are losing so many affluent, traditional Republican voters. Who really wants to be associated with these idiots?
    Is this not the culture war though? Did these people not first put Jimmy Carter into power?

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Ok True....
    I don't believe that we can't reverse the collectivist mindset though.....I'm optimistic that we can achieve a viable third option. It may take a serious event, but Bush and Clinton have guaranteed that is inevitable with their pathetic policies.

One way to ensue we NEVER will be able to reverse the collectivist mindset is to get even MORE people addicted to government programs.

Obama will accelerate those addicted to them.

McCain will maintain the status quo and perhaps - reduce the dependents slightly - giving us a chance next time around.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    I keep hearing in the news that the top two VP picks for John McCain are Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Massachusetts Liberal Mitt Romney. I have done research online about Tim Pawlenty, and he seems like a good VP pick for McCain, so far.

But if John McCain selects Mitt Romney as his running mate, he will LOSE my vote this November. Flip Romney only decided to become 'pro-life' once he knew that he wanted to run for president, and his advisors told him to 'run to the right' to win in the primaries. In reality, Mitt Romney has been one of the most pro-abortion, pro-homosexual "rights" governors over the past decade. Here's a link that goes into detail about Mitt Romney's REAL record on the social issues:

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/m...romney/record/

John McCain will be shooting himself in the foot if he really believes that social conservatives will embrace a Mitt Romney VP pick.

If abortion is your issue, you are an idiot. PERIOD. McCain has a ZERO rating with NARAL while Obama has a 100% rating.

Conversely, McCain's record is EXTREMELY favorable to the anti-abortion groups while Obama gets a zero rating.

YOU would be shooting YOUR cause in the foot by not voting for McCain.

The VP is INCONSEQUENTIAL to the abortion question. HE DOES NOT MATTER.
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 08-20-2008 at 05:59 PM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    One way to ensue we NEVER will be able to reverse the collectivist mindset is to get even MORE people addicted to government programs.

Obama will accelerate those addicted to them.

McCain will maintain the status quo and perhaps - reduce the dependents slightly - giving us a chance next time around.
    That's a much more realistic assessment than those that think McCain is a conservative....I don't see the Presidency being the answer. It starts at grassroots in Congress.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I thought Smokin Joe was McCain's new pick for VP...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Last edited by asdf2231; 08-20-2008 at 09:10 PM.