Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    That's a much more realistic assessment than those that think McCain is a conservative....I don't see the Presidency being the answer. It starts at grassroots in Congress.

The grassroots is ABSOLUTELY where we need to begin. Then we need to follow it up in the primaries to get rid of the RINOS.

I look at McCain pretty much as a stalling effort. Holding our place until we can reinforce with real conservatives.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    The VP is INCONSEQUENTIAL to the abortion question. HE DOES NOT MATTER.
    Um, who would become president should something happen to McCain's health due to his age, forcing him to leave office?? And who would likely get the GOP nomination in 2012, should McCain decide to serve only one term as president?? Could you help me out, because I'm completely baffled by these two questions.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    McCain will maintain the status quo and perhaps - reduce the dependents slightly - giving us a chance next time around.
    I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

Bush increased the cost of government considerably (about 1 trillion a year), established new entitlement programs and refused to seal the borders, which increased government dependents, so why don't you think McCain won't do the same?

McCain supported the entitlement programs and the increased budgets and we know he was an activists to give the Illegals amnesty.

Sonnabend
    One thing I don't understand..in a lot of countries there is often a third party, unaffiliated..and they at times can hold the balance in the Senate.

Why is it that a third party has never really taken root? it cant be a Constitutional issue...is it apathy? Lack of direction? Why is it that a "grassroots:" movement of the kind you mention hasn't started before this?

What would it take to get one started...and who would head it?

Come on Owl? Don't give someone the Liberal platitude just because they have principles.
    McCain IS a Liberal. Everybody is just so enamored with the bastard because he has a Big "R" next to his name. He could pick Ronald Reagan's corpse for all I care and some of us still wouldn't support the little twerp.
    Mr. McCain stands toward the center and leans liberal to get things done he agrees with, in my opinion. I'm not happy he's the choice against Obama and I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or writing in Ron Paul on my absentee ballot. But please don't call him a bastard, he deserves more respect then that. I don't like his policies but I feel he's a good man.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Sigh, part 2.

Reganism is dead. W killed it once and for all. You will never have a hyper-conservative as President of the US as long as we are as "diverse" as we are today. Now that Liberals have figured out how to use a progressive tax structure to buy votes, Reaganism is gone.

You just need to accept the fact that politics at the National level is the "lesser of the two evils". Unless America splits into the Conservative and Liberal territories, you will always have a liberal president. You just need to decide HOW liberal.
    Thank you, I agree. If the right was SO conservative,why didn't it select a conservative candidate? Because most of us aren't that conservative and it would lose our votes and be helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Mr. McCain stands toward the center and leans liberal to get things done he agrees with, in my opinion. I'm not happy he's the choice against Obama and I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or writing in Ron Paul on my absentee ballot. But please don't call him a bastard, he deserves more respect then that. I don't like his policies but I feel he's a good man.
    My choice of words is offensive...I agree.... I wasn't always so militant against McCain, but I saw how he treated others in the primaries including Paul, Hunter, and Huckabee, and I was pretty disgusted. Not to mention that alot of Republican's lay thick the b.s. that he's a "true conservative". My inlaws...to be speciific.
    If I vote at all it will probably be Chuck Baldwin...He was a big supporter of Paul's during the primaries and he's one of the few that actually get's it.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

My choice of words is offensive...I agree.... I wasn't always so militant against McCain, but I saw how he treated others in the primaries including Paul, Hunter, and Huckabee, and I was pretty disgusted. Not to mention that alot of Republican's lay thick the b.s. that he's a "true conservative". My inlaws...to be speciific.
    If I vote at all it will probably be Chuck Baldwin...He was a big supporter of Paul's during the primaries and he's one of the few that actually get's it.
    I totally agree Molon...the way he treated Paul & Hunter was a disgrace, not to mention the outright lies he used against Romney. I'm so sick of these RINO candidates, one after another, it makes me want to scream. I think Rush and Beck & Levin are right...the Media basically telegraphed this whole thing and picked our candidates for us, then led the sheeple in the direction they wanted. Think about it; how many people do you know who actually voted McCain in the primaries? Was he picked randomly out of a hat or something? I think if you had actual REAL conservative, awesome choices like what we had with Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter it should've been a no-brainer. Instead...we get a liberal leaning RINO who only holds my respect because of his sacrifice to this country. Which he deserves....but his policies....man:eek:

One other thing though, looking at the First Lady quotient. You KNOW that their wife plays such a big role in their decisions...any powerful man is going to be talking decisions over with his wife in the Presidential bedroom. So who would you rather have on the other end of THOSE conversations? Personally, I think Cindy McCain is a woman of real class, grace and dignity. Michelle Obama....not so much:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I'm not happy he's the choice against Obama and I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or writing in Ron Paul on my absentee ballot.
    Might as well just vote Obama directly, instead of taking the indirect route to the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Might as well just vote Obama directly, instead of taking the indirect route to the same result.
    No...My vote for, whomever i vote for, is a vote for THAT person. That way when McCain or Obama keeps crapping all over the constitution, the tax payer and the American soldier, then I can say " I told you so". That lesser of two evils crap is lame-O.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor