Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 This is what desperation looks like... 
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

They just make me so proud.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I think that America moving forward is the wrong idea. That means Progressivism.

America needs to take a few hundred steps backward.....like the constitution intended.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I think that America moving forward is the wrong idea. That means Progressivism.

America needs to take a few hundred steps backward.....like the constitution intended.
    Moving forward is not always the best direction one can travel.

Last edited by FlaGator; 10-20-2010 at 12:24 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Moving forward is not always the best direction one can travel.

Reminds me of a stupid and mindless slogan: Hope and Change. All change is not good. Changing from good to bad like O Blah Blah wants is bad for America no matter how the DIMS package it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

6. #6 Like i said before 
    do you want to move forward [ put the car in (D) drive] if it is about to ride off a cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

Proglodytes are backward looking progressives. They are seeking a model of economic and social policies that was in vogue in 1900 and has since been discredited. Moving America forward means moving us away from progressivism and towards free markets.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

THAT is what desperation looks like??

oh boy

then what do you call this Republican astroturf ad aimed at latinos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP7_JMtPMRM

for those of you offended by espanol they are encouraging latinos to not vote this november.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    THAT is what desperation looks like??

oh boy

then what do you call this Republican astroturf ad aimed at latinos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP7_JMtPMRM

for those of you offended by espanol they are encouraging latinos to not vote this november.
    I'd like to hear this in Enlish. Looks like an anti-idiot ad more than a don't vote ad.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Except they aren't saying vote for Republicans or vote for who you believe in or any of that. they are saying "don't vote" because Republicans know latinos are more likely to vote Democrat. so just tell them not to vote in spanish.

that's desperation. if you can't convince them on issues, just get them to disenfranchise themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.