Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 "Gentiles exist only to serve Jews" - Top Jewish Authority 
    This thread in response to this thread: Rape 'impossible' in marriage, says Muslim cleric (and the dozen others about the terrors of sharia)
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=32762

The sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews, according to Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, the head of Shas's Council of Torah Sages and a senior Sephardi adjudicator.

“Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel,” he said in his weekly Saturday night sermon on the laws regarding the actions non-Jews are permitted to perform on Shabbat.

According to Yosef, the lives of non-Jews in Israel are safeguarded by divinity, to prevent losses to Jews.

“In Israel, death has no dominion over them... With gentiles, it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money.

This is his servant... That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew,” Yosef said.

“Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat.

That is why gentiles were created,” he added.
    http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/Jew...ID=191782&R=R1

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Rabbi Ovadia Yosef (Hebrew: עובדיה יוסף‎) (born September 23, 1920) is a Mizrahi Haredi rabbi, Talmudic scholar, and recognized halakhic authority. Born in Baghdad, Iraq, he is the former Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel. Yosef is also the current spiritual leader of the Shas political party in the Israeli Knesset. He is highly revered in the Orthodox Jewish world, especially in the Sephardi and Mizrahi communities, for his erudition and Torah scholarship. He is among the most important poskim of the past few generations and is regarded by many as the foremost Rabbinical authority and a source of Daat Torah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    This thread in response to this thread: Rape 'impossible' in marriage, says Muslim cleric (and the dozen others about the terrors of sharia)
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=32762

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/Jew...ID=191782&R=R1
    What does one have to do with the other? Seems like a none starter unless you are demonstrating the inaneness of one by comparing it to the other. Neither one have any Biblical basis in truth.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Is Judaism compatable with the Constitution and American Freedom?

Well according to this guy, it doesn't look like it.....
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What does one have to do with the other? Seems like a none starter unless you are demonstrating the inaneness of one by comparing it to the other. Neither one have any Biblical basis in truth.
    Top authorities within the religion saying a thing that is anti-American-freedom. Should we treat Judaism the same way Islam is treated around these parts?

More GD than Breaking News.

I'm sure God will sort it out when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Top authorities within the religion saying a thing that is anti-American-freedom. Should we treat Judaism the same way Islam is treated around these parts?
    The difference here is that the Koran can be viewed as supporting the Muslim cleric's stance. The Torah, however, is not supportive of this Rabbi's views.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The difference here is that the Koran can be viewed as supporting the Muslim cleric's stance. The Torah, however, is not supportive of this Rabbi's views.
    It takes *A LOT* of interpretive licence to make the Torah the holy book of a peaceful religion...

Though I do have to wonder... what would the Jews need protecting from if the Goyim didn't exist (and therefore could never try to exterminate them).

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    It takes *A LOT* of interpretive licence to make the Torah the holy book of a peaceful religion...
    lmao i was abotu to say

Was he joking?

I don't know any jews who would agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post

Though I do have to wonder... what would the Jews need protecting from if the Goyim didn't exist (and therefore could never try to exterminate them).
    I don't think that Judaism has ever been considered a "religion of peace." It has been considered a religion of laws and justice.

C. S. Lewis