Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I'll run to Canada if they have a draft and come back once it's over.
    You won’t have to - there will be war in our own streets if a draft is instituted, short of world war of course.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I'll run to Canada if they have a draft and come back once it's over. Screw fighting these asshole's wars.
    Spoken like a true chickenshit...

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    or Daniel Webster..
    Where is it written in the Constitution, in what article or section is it contained, that you may take children from their parents, and parents from their children, and compel them to fight the battles of any war, in which the folly or the wickedness of Government may engage it?
    During the Revolutionary War, Congress called up the State militias. Washington proposed legislation to compel registration for conscription.

That bastion of Constitutional Rights, the Confederacy, enacted a draft almost a year before the Evil North.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Spoken like a true chickenshit...
    Yea at least I'll be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    During the Revolutionary War, Congress called up the State militias. Washington proposed legislation to compel registration for conscription.

That bastion of Constitutional Rights, the Confederacy, enacted a draft almost a year before the Evil North.
    Ok? Big deal. Lincoln also suspended the bill of rights and Wilson's League of Nations ushered in the stupidity of multilateral security institutions like the U.N. Translation: Historical precedents don't necessarily equal "good idea". I take it you are for this (draft) too?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

gator
    There will be only so many volunteers to fight a perpetual war. So far we have been able to keep up, mostly because of the patriotic fallout from 911. We have used a lot of that up. No telling what the future will bring.

If we are going to being involved in beaucoup foreign entanglements we will need beaucoup man power.

The Liberals will have to deal with nobody wanting to serve under a weak Commander in Chief and their stupid use of the military for "Meals on Wheels" or killing Christians in order to protect the Muslims or fight warlords or whatever.

The NeoCons will have to worry about cannon fodder for their stupid little interventions all over the world.

Yea at least I'll be alive.
    Nah. They closed that loophole a while back. Canada will deport your ass.

I'll run to Canada if they have a draft and come back once it's over. Screw fighting these asshole's wars.
    What makes you think you'll be allowed back?

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    What makes you think you'll be allowed back?
    Will you be standing there at the border with a shotgun waiting for me?

Will you be standing there at the border with a shotgun waiting for me?
    Won't need a shotgun. I vote.