1. #1 Tea Party poised to storm Washington 
    Midterm elections 2010: Tea Party poised to storm Washington

Tea Party candidates are poised to storm Washington in the midterm elections, when the conservative movement should win enough seats to form a powerful minority able to push its political agenda.

At least 33 Republicans backed by various Tea Party groups are competing for seats in the House of Representatives that are deemed by pollsters to be safe or "leaning" Republican.

Eight Tea Party candidates are in close races for the Senate, where the Republicans hope to capture a narrow majority by winning ten seats.

If all the movement's senate candidates were successful, they would form a solid grouping in the 100-member chamber that has the final say on major legislation and which has the power of approval of Supreme Court judges and many senior administration officials.

The prospect of a Tea Party triumph in the midterm elections, when all 435 House seats and 37 Senate seats will be contested, demonstrates the movement's remarkable rise in less than two years from a loose coalition of protesters against government spending to a significant political force that is highly likely to stop President Barack Obama and the Democrats in their tracks.
    DT
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Frankly, I'm so cynical about politicians in general that I think it won't take too long for the TEA Party candidates who become TEA Party congressmen to stop listening to us, too. Sort of the "Power corrupts" thing.

But, Dear God, I hope I'm wrong. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    Frankly, I'm so cynical about politicians in general that I think it won't take too long for the TEA Party candidates who become TEA Party congressmen to stop listening to us, too. Sort of the "Power corrupts" thing.

Third Party
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Third Party
    Third parties in power are also corruptable. Nice try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post

This is why it is up to us, to keep evaluating these people and replacing the ones that fall from our standards. We cannot vote or pay attention every few elections, we need to remain on top of OUR government.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Turd Party
    That would be appropriate Wei, start a turd party!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That would be appropriate Wei, start a turd party!
    Wee WEE would be the leader.

Third Party
    I suppose this means you will not vote for the liberal-hate America group you normally vote for. I will be anticipating the account of all the third party candidates that you voted for. I might even get a tingle down my leg.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand