1. #1 Everyone lay off Juan Williams, he's written BOOKS about Civil Rights 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x9367630
    Enrique (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-22-10 10:24 AM
    Original message
    Everyone lay off Juan Williams, he's written BOOKS about Civil Rights
    His insights on Civil Rights movement are IMPECCABLE. Instead of criticizing him, we should be basking in his wisdom on such matters:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/27/juan-michelle-stoke... /

Fox News contributor Juan Williams — who has complained about the “militant anger” that Michelle Obama “sometimes uses” — kept up his attacks on the First Lady last night. Appearing on the O’Reilly Factor, Williams agreed with conservative commenter Mary Katherine Ham that Obama will have to watch what she says since, according to Williams, she is “Stokely Charmichael in a dress“:

WILLIAMS: And let me just tell you this: If you think about liabilities for President Obama that are close to him, Joe Biden’s up there, but Michelle Obama’s right there. Michelle Obama, you know, she’s got this Stokely Carmichael-in-a-designer-dress thing going. If she starts talking, as Mary Katharine suggested, her instinct is to start with this “blame America,” you know, “I’m the victim.” If that stuff starts to come out —

O’REILLY: Yeah, it’ll be death.

WILLIAMS: — people will go bananas and she’ll go from being the new Jackie O to being something of an albatross.

Ta-Nehisi Coates noted that Williams’ remarks “prov he knows very little about Michelle Obama and even less about Stokely Carmichael,” the civil rights leader who coined the phrase “Black Power.” Resisting “the urge to say something really nasty,” Coates simply quipped, “It’s a dangerous, dangerous thing to make a living running your mouth.”
    obliviously (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-22-10 11:37 AM
    Response to Original message
    16. Another black man loses his voice
    Same song different verse a little bit louder a little bit worse.
    Alert | Add to my Journal Printer Friendly | Permalink | Edit | Reply | Top

Spazito (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-22-10 11:43 AM
    Response to Reply #16
    20. He didn't lose his voice, he broke his contract and lost his job at NPR...
    He still has his voice, Faux hired him for it and that says it all, imo.
    Alert Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

obliviously (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-22-10 11:54 AM
    Response to Reply #20
    22. Oh, I see
    he can get a drink of water but please use a different fountain!
    :D

Snicker... black people are learning that they aren't at the top of the minority heap anymore. They've been thrown under for teh gays, teh Latinos. . . and now teh Muslims.

<snickers>

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Rock...I'm soooo tempted. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Sonnabend
    He didn't lose his voice, he broke his contract and lost his job at NPR...
    Broke it, how? By being honest?

He still has his voice, Faux hired him for it and that says it all, imo.
    Tells me Fox knows a good man when they see one. What makes me laugh is that the DUmmies scream RRACISSTTT...but when NPR a LIBERAL radio station fires him, and the supposed RAAACISTT Fox news hires him....the irony here is palpable.

The DUmmies dont see that, of course
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 10-23-2010 at 10:45 AM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Good job NPR!!! And right before the elections!!! Cool! America once again sees what POS the Libtard Left is. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Sonnabend
    Rut roh....

doc03 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Oct-22-10 12:23 PM
    Response to Reply #9
    14. I totally disagree and like I said NPR only confirms to the
    Faux viewers and right wing radio listeners that the left is trying to control our lives right down to what we even think. What NPR did caused more harm to our side than Juan Williams has. If it wasn't for all the publicity this has made I would hardly even know who Williams is. I don't watch Faux or listen to right wing radio but this will just confirm to their followers that they have been right about the liberals. I didn't get pissed off because Bill Clinton was fooling around with Monica Lewinsky, what pissed me off was it confirmed what the right wingers were saying about Clinton being a liar and a womaniser were true.
    Yes, well, lying to a Grand Jury is never a good idea.