Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    It certainly is not guaranteed, but I think a 50-50 split IS likely. Actually gaining the majority will be much harder.
    I agree. But that's fine. That means that for the next two years, popular bills will originate in the house, and the senate Democrats will attack them, making them the "party of no," and on really close ones, Biden will have to break the tie, whch means that the administration will have a direct hand in keeping the country on the wrong track. Expect Obama's approval ratings to continue to plummet, and a Republican senate majority (possibly even a supermajority) in 2012, along with a Republican president. The critical thing will be fighting to prevent the Democrats from using the lame duck session to pass the really toxic parts of their agenda.

The first bill out of the house ought to be the repeal of Obamacare, followed by a call for an audit of stimulus funds. Oh, and unleashing Darryl Issa's committee hearings will be more fun than I can describe.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I agree. But that's fine. That means that for the next two years, popular bills will originate in the house, and the senate Democrats will attack them, making them the "party of no," and on really close ones, Biden will have to break the tie, whch means that the administration will have a direct hand in keeping the country on the wrong track. Expect Obama's approval ratings to continue to plummet, and a Republican senate majority (possibly even a supermajority) in 2012, along with a Republican president. The critical thing will be fighting to prevent the Democrats from using the lame duck session to pass the really toxic parts of their agenda.

The first bill out of the house ought to be the repeal of Obamacare, followed by a call for an audit of stimulus funds. Oh, and unleashing Darryl Issa's committee hearings will be more fun than I can describe.
    Yup.

I cannot wait to get a look at whose pockets got lined.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

After 2006, I think anything is possible. That was a shocking election.

But right now, I am going with the Republicans taking the House and the Democrats holding the Senate with 51 (D) + 2 (I)

At the risk of being a wet blanket, let's not start celebrating until the votes are counted and the mysteriously appearing ballots haven't turned the tide for the Democrats. Remember how many precincts in Minnesota turned in more ballots than they had voters? Stay vigilant, then celebrate.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    At the risk of being a wet blanket, let's not start celebrating until the votes are counted and the mysteriously appearing ballots haven't turned the tide for the Democrats. Remember how many precincts in Minnesota turned in more ballots than they had voters? Stay vigilant, then celebrate.
    But sir, it's all we have to live for!:(

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    But sir, it's all we have to live for!:(
    No, Grasshopper. First you must drive your enemies before you, crush them utterly, and only then enjoy the lamentation of their women (and their men who act like women).

Celebrate victory after you have vanquished the foe, not before.

Remember these words of wisdom:

You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
    There'll be time for countin' later, when the dealin's done.
    --Odysseus

I prefer Sun Tzu

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles
    is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists
    in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I prefer Sun Tzu

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles
    is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists
    in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting
    Which boils down to two words in this case: Enthusiasm gap. :D
    --Odysseus