Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo..._toss_ups.html
    If you go to their Senate: No Toss Ups page, the toss ups break 2:1 for Republicans, which gives us a 49 seat caucus after the election. The four that break Republican are Illinois, Nevada, Colorado and Pennsylvania. The two that look like they could break Democratic are West Virginia and Washington, and while I'd like to see the Dems lose there, I could probably live with Manchin in the senate, as he's far to the right of most Democrats (and a number of Republicans) and wouldn't be an embarrassment to either party. And, if Obama continues to alienate people, he's a good probability to cross the aisle.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Nevada will definitely go Republican, but I doubt IL and CO will too. You're asking a lot of states which are very deeply entrenched.

Its hard to see WI flipping too, but that race is closer than anybody anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Nevada will definitely go Republican, but I doubt IL and CO will too. You're asking a lot of states which are very deeply entrenched.

Its hard to see WI flipping too, but that race is closer than anybody anticipated.
    IL is probably in the bag for the Dems because nealy all the military votes won't make it in time, with 400,000 other mail ballots that will be late because of stupid shenigans.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    IL is probably in the bag for the Dems because nealy all the military votes won't make it in time, with 400,000 other mail ballots that will be late because of stupid shenigans.
    The military is no longer a monolithic voting block that overwhelmingly goes R every election cycle. Besides, even if it were, in a state like IL even the military votes majority democrat.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post

I don't think there is any question that CO and IL will go Republican this time around. WV and Washington and California will be tough for the Republicans.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I don't think there is any question that CO and IL will go Republican this time around. WV and Washington and California will be tough for the Republicans.
    I like to think I know IL pretty well, it being my home-state and all. To say there is "no question" it will swing red is laughably quote worthy. I look forward to using it to embarrass you.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I see NV and CO but not IL just yet.

WI is done which should scare the crap out of Democrats. You lose working class whites and you have lost the linchpin of your governing coalition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I see NV and CO but not IL just yet.

WI is done which should scare the crap out of Democrats. You lose working class whites and you have lost the linchpin of your governing coalition.
    I'm not convinced WI is a sure thing they way I am NV.

Frankly, I'm elated to see Reid go. Cocksucker.