Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    I like to think I know IL pretty well, it being my home-state and all. To say there is "no question" it will swing red is laughably quote worthy. I look forward to using it to embarrass you.
    Meh, I won't be embarrassed. I have been wrong before and will likely be wrong again. I am just looking at the polls and it seems that Kirk has been gradually putting some distance between himself and Giannoulias.

But if it brings you joy, feel free to rub it in next Wed. I'll take it like a man.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

The military is no longer a monolithic voting block that overwhelmingly goes R every election cycle. Besides, even if it were, in a state like IL even the military votes majority democrat.
    Military voters are more conservative than the general population, so it's unlikely that Illinois military personnel vote like community organizers. Military votes go 3:1 for Republicans during normal elections. During a wave election like this one, it could be as high as 4:1, and that includes Illinois. I come from NYC and even in Reserve and Guard units, in one of the most liberal cities in the US, this holds true. This is why Democrats routinely try to disenfranchise military voters. In FL in 2000, Democrats actually went in with a memo that outlined what to look for in order to invalidate military absentee ballots. And don't think that we're not aware of it. We know what the left thinks of us, which is why we vote the way that we do.
    I like to think I know IL pretty well, it being my home-state and all. To say there is "no question" it will swing red is laughably quote worthy. I look forward to using it to embarrass you.
    Not everyone in Illinois is as... shall we say, limited, in their political outlook as you are. Many of them are capable of recognizing a train wreck in progress and want to avoid it, even if it means crossing partisan lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I see NV and CO but not IL just yet.

WI is done which should scare the crap out of Democrats. You lose working class whites and you have lost the linchpin of your governing coalition.
    It should, but it won't. Democrats will scream about secret plots to mess with voting machines and disenfranchise voters, the Justice Department will launch ridiculous investigations and in the end, the lemmings of the lift will continue to take the leap of faith. Right onto the rocks.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It should, but it won't. Democrats will scream about secret plots to mess with voting machines and disenfranchise voters, the Justice Department will launch ridiculous investigations and in the end, the lemmings of the lift will continue to take the leap of faith. Right onto the rocks.
    To be fair, the only place I have seen voter fraud or machine shennanigan stories have been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    To be fair, the only place I have seen voter fraud or machine shennanigan stories have been here.
    I grew up in NYC, and my parents ran a Democratic Party clubhouse (in fact, they still do), so I've seen Democratic poltics up close and personal. My first Republican campaign was Giuliani's in 1993, when Dinkins drove me out of the Democratic Party. Even I was shocked at some of the things that the Dems were pulling off to try to steal that election, including sending voting machines to polling places with Dinkins votes already registered on them, intimidation and threats to Giuliani supporters (I was personally threatened when I put up posters), illegal use of city property for campaign purposes (the MTA sent buses to the projects to bring voters to the polls) and a host of other violations. I have no illusions about the Democratic party's integrity. There is none.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The military is no longer a monolithic voting block that overwhelmingly goes R every election cycle. Besides, even if it were, in a state like IL even the military votes majority democrat.
    And your proof of this is what? Last Military Times poll I saw showed that the military was still overwhelmingly supported republicans.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    And your proof of this is what? Last Military Times poll I saw showed that the military was still overwhelmingly supported republicans.
    You mean 49%.

Banned
    You mean 49%.
    Dream on. Lefties like you will be crying when your donkey ass gets kicked good.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    According to Marxist dialectics, the military will eventually become raving liberals as we lose our false consciousness and turn on the owners of the means of production, which, in the case of the armed forces, is the government, which is supported by liberals, but if we become liberals and oppose our masters, we will oppose our government, which we can't oppose because we will be liberals... error... error... does not compute... Norman, coordinate... WTF? Over?
    --Odysseus