Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Something that people keep overlooking is that the UN resolution was that Saddam would dismatle his WMD stockpiles and VERIFY that they had been dismantled. People keep forgetting that he had to PROVE that he dismantled them.

You must have overlooked this then.

No Iraq WMDs Made After '91
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    You must have overlooked this then.

No Iraq WMDs Made After '91
    However, as condition of the Gulf 1 ceasefire, Iraq had to disclose and account for the destruction of any and all NBC warheads. Iraq did not, therfore, the ceasefire is null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    However, as condition of the Gulf 1 ceasefire, Iraq had to disclose and account for the destruction of any and all NBC warheads. Iraq did not, therfore, the ceasefire is null and void.
    EXACTLY
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

It's in the documents above.....

And the oversight of that condition was met according to all the history I've read. Where are you getting that the inspections showed non compliance? There are plenty of well documented sources that show this is false.

CIA Report on compliance

CIA Intelligence Gathering Operation Indicates That Iraq Has No Weapons of Mass Destruction

2002-March 2003: CIA Analysts Know that Iraq Has no WMD nor Ties to Al-Qaeda;

Mid-January 2002: UN Inspectors Find No Evidence of Iraqi WMD

Mid-January 2002: UN Finds Iraqis Cooperating with Weapons Inspections

US intelligence cannot say conclusively that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction

Why conservatives are still apologists for this administration who helped destroy our credibility I'll never know....
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

And the oversight of that condition was met according to all the history I've read. Where are you getting that the inspections showed non compliance? There are plenty of well documented sources that show this is false.

CIA Report on compliance

CIA Intelligence Gathering Operation Indicates That Iraq Has No Weapons of Mass Destruction

US intelligence cannot say conclusively that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction

Why conservatives are still apologists for this administration who helped destroy our credibility I'll never know....
    So the WikiLeaks documents are incorrect at best or forgeries and your citations are correct?

Is Asange a tool of BushCo?

So the WikiLeaks documents are incorrect at best or forgeries and your citations are correct?

I guess people believe what they wish to believe. That seems like an awful giant leap and seems the strawman. I think over the years, I've made an honest attempt to be objective about this issues since I was once in the camp like you and believed eveything Bush, and his cadre was telling me about Iraq.. but it's just not so..never was. I was duped. Refer to post #2 for why I think the reality is relevant.

Come now - the USAToday and MSNBC are far more reliable than the truth!!11!!!!111!!!!!111!!!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

CIA Report on compliance

I find the conservatives' appeal to protect the integrity of the UN and their ceasefire agreements more interesting.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

CIA Report on compliance

They did NOT show that all WMD's were disposed of. If I have missed something please let me know.

Iraq has declared that it only produced VX on a pilot scale, just a few tonnes and that the quality was poor and the product unstable. Consequently, it was said, that the agent was never weaponised. Iraq said that the small quantity of agent remaining after the Gulf War was unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991.

UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization and that more had been achieved than has been declared. Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared.

There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost during bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq.

I would now like to turn to the so-called “Air Force document” that I have discussed with the Council before. This document was originally found by an UNSCOM inspector in a safe in Iraqi Air Force Headquarters in 1998 and taken from her by Iraqi minders. It gives an account of the expenditure of bombs, including chemical bombs, by Iraq in the Iraq-Iran War. I am encouraged by the fact that Iraq has now provided this document to UNMOVIC.

The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for.

The discovery of a number of 122 mm chemical rocket warheads in a bunker at a storage depot 170 km southwest of Baghdad was much publicized. This was a relatively new bunker and therefore the rockets must have been moved there in the past few years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions.

The investigation of these rockets is still proceeding. Iraq states that they were overlooked from 1991 from a batch of some 2,000 that were stored there during the Gulf War. This could be the case. They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve but rather points to the issue of several thousands of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    They did NOT show that all WMD's were disposed of. If I have missed something please let me know.
    CS... What we were sold and what is there are two different things. What I'm saying is if you are going base the invasion on finding some crumbs, then why haven't we done so with about a half dozen other nations?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I find the conservatives' appeal to protect the integrity of the UN and their ceasefire agreements more interesting.
    That's the irony
    Everytime a conservative uses the enforcement of the UN resolutions as justifications for our actions, they have just ceded US sovereignty to a higher authority. So yeah...let's hear it for a philosophy based on small government and speaks lip service that it hates SupraNational authority..........

that justifies it's actions on the biggest of big government. The United Nations.