Thread: Hendon calls [Il GOP Candidate] Brady 'idiotic, racist, sexist, homophobic'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hendon calls [Il GOP Candidate] Brady 'idiotic, racist, sexist, homophobic' 
    Hendon calls Brady 'idiotic, racist, sexist, homophobic'
    Quinn: 'I don't associate myself with those comments'
    October 24, 2010

Rickey Hendon
    (Richard A. Chapman/Sun-Times)

BY MARK J. KONKOL Staff Reporter/mkonkol@suntimes.com
    Always-outspoken state Sen. Rickey Hendon on Saturday took aim at Republican gubernatorial nominee Bill Brady at a "get out the vote" rally on the West Side.

"I've never served with such an idiotic, racist, sexist, homophobic person in my life," Hendon said before introducing Gov. Quinn. "If you think that the minimum wage needs to be three dollars an hour, vote for Bill Brady. If you think that women have no rights whatsoever, except to have his children, vote for Bill Brady. If you think gay and lesbian people need to be locked up and shot in the head, vote for Bill Brady."

Quinn tried to distance himself from the remarks, telling reporters, "I don't associate myself with those comments."

"I believe in civility," he said. "I disagree with people in politics, like my opponent Sen. Brady. I don't engage in name calling. Never have, never will."

Hendon later told the Chicago Sun-Times that his harsh characterization of Brady, a state senator from Downstate Bloomington, was based on the candidate's voting record. Hendon claims Brady has regularly voted against bills that have affirmative-action components that affect minorities, women and gays.

And Hendon says he won't take it back.

"Look, I just told the truth," said Hendon, who is running for Chicago mayor. "I know this man, and I serve with him. If he can show me that he votes differently than what I said, I will apologize. But he can't say that. I know he can't."

Brady's campaign spokeswoman Patty Schuh said Hendon's claims are "not factual."

Brady, who wasn't available to answer questions, said in a statement: "Rickey Hendon knows better. I stood with African-American leaders to allow parental choice in schools. I helped lead the effort to bring job opportunities to Chicago's low-income neighborhoods. Pat Quinn didn't. Pat Quinn can disagree with me on those issues and taxes and spending, but it's disappointing that he would allow his campaign to go down this route. There's really not much more you can say about some really desperate remarks."

Quinn campaign spokeswoman Mica Matsoff responded in an e-mail: "Perhaps Senator Brady should address Senator Hendon's concerns instead of attributing comments to the Quinn campaign that we did not make."

Hendon clarified that he was speaking for himself, not on behalf of Quinn or the governor's campaign.

"I take total responsibility," Hendon said. "It's about time someone called [Brady] out on his voting record. If people don't like it, take it up with me."
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I can't wait to see what this clown has to say about Rahm Emmanuel when he runs against him.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I see, if you don't vote for Affirmative Action, you are idiotic, homophobic, racist and sexist. You also want "homosexuals shot in the head, and $3.00 minimum wage etc." Classy these DIMutards.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I see, if you don't vote for Affirmative Action, you are idiotic, homophobic, racist and sexist. You also want "homosexuals shot in the head, and $3.00 minimum wage etc." Classy these DIMutards.
    What else could you expect from a Welfare Bird with the IQ of a chicken ?

When a politician uses the race card it means he or she has already lost the vote in my humble opinion

Just goes to show how scared the dems are of losing power :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Just goes to show how scared the dems are of losing power :)
    Also shows the product of Affirmative Action. IQ of an acorn and mentality of a child. Oh alright, a typical liberal.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Also shows the product of Affirmative Action. IQ of an acorn and mentality of a child. Oh alright, a typical progressive.
    Fixed it for you :)

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Fixed it for you :)
    Ah! An idiot by any other name is equally stupid.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Ah! An idiot by any other name is equally stupid.
    true - but we should stop calling them by the label they co-opted and perverted and call them what they truly are - progressives. :)

Wow, this Brady guy got the trifecta: racist, homophobic, and sexist. That means he's a 180 degree version of this.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy