1. #1 DUmmies slinging mud. 
    Amerigo Vespucci (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-26-10 10:12 PM
    Original message
    Teabaggers backing candidate who allegedly shot two unarmed Iraqis 60 times
    Tea Party backing candidate who allegedly shot unarmed Iraqis 60 times

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/gop-candidate-killed... /

A Tea Party-backed candidate who allegedly murdered two unarmed Iraqis could win a seat in the House of Representatives, The Guardian reports.

Thirty-nine-year-old Ilario Pantano, who is running for North Carolina's 7th congressional district as a Republican, was charged with the premeditated murder of two Iraqi civilians in 2005 while serving as a second lieutenant with the US Marines.

In April of 2004, Pantano and his platoon stopped and detained two Iraqi men in a car near Falluja. While the majority of his platoon was away, he and two others ordered the detained Iraqis to search their own car for weapons and then allegedly unloaded two full magazines of his M16A4 rifle into them.

Sergeant Daniel Coburn, who was 27 at the time and one of the three soldiers at the incident, recalled wondering "when the lieutenant was going to stop, because it was obvious that they were dead."

"I believed that by firing the number of rounds that I did, I was sending a message," Pantano told the New York magazine.
    donco (501 posts) Tue Oct-26-10 10:16 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. OF COURSE….
    he should be in KY helping Rand out soon.
    marmar (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-26-10 10:17 PM
    2. Hell, that's a badge of honor among Teabaggers.
    littlewolf (247 posts) Tue Oct-26-10 10:53 PM
    4. the key word is is ALLEGEDLY ...
    glitch (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-26-10 11:05 PM
    Response to Reply #4
    5. I'll see your keyword ALLEGED and raise you a keyword MONSTER.
    Of course, alleged.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x9394847

Forensic examinations cleared Pantano on the charges of murder. An article 32 was filed regarding desecration of the bodies, but the charges were eventually dropped on that.

BUT I did find something interesting about Pantano.

A website, using an address nearly identical to one launched by the officer's family, posted photographs depicting Pantano beheaded by a hooded jihadist.

Capt. Larry Hines of the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office in Wilmington confirmed to WorldNetDaily an investigation regarding the website is underway, but he has not come to any conclusions yet. Hines also confirmed the FBI is probing the threat.

Gittins told the Times he believes the hostile site was created in Pakistan and said cyberattacks earlier this week from the Middle East country shut down the website created for Pantano's defense by his mother, Merry K. Pantano.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

DU attacking a Marine who saw combat in Iraq ...

What's the matter? They couldn't find anyone to spit on at the airport this weekend?
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.