1. #1 DailyKos/Newsweek Poll proves Rethugs lose Nov 2nd. 
    DearAbby (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-26-10 01:19 PM
    Original message
    Obama and Dems SURGE in new poll, GOP is PREPARING to lose and scream "Voter fraud!"
    Advertisements [?]new poll (which fully represents Cell Phone only households) finds BIG gains for President Obama and Dems.

President Obama’s approval ratings have jumped substantially, crossing the magic halfway threshold to 54 percent, up from 48 percent in late September, while the portion of respondents who disapprove of the president dropped to 40 percent, the lowest disapproval rating in a NEWSWEEK Poll since February 2010.

Newsweek.com

Obama on the campaign trail = GOTV WIN! and it is paying off for Dems

The poll finds that 48 percent of registered voters would be more likely to vote for Democrats, compared with 42 percent who lean Republican (those numbers are similar to those in the last NEWSWEEK Poll, which found Democrats favored 48 percent to 43 percent).

So which is it? Because polls can not be tightening and shifting in favor of Democrats AND still have us heading to a big win for the GOP in a week. One of these narratives is doomed to fail, and I am betting it is the one based on beltway spin, not facts.

More:
    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/10/26/913671/-Ob...
    Whisp (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-26-10 03:04 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    27. wonder what John King on CNN might say about this...
    lieing little turdfuck he is he will ignore the 'enthusiasm gap' he's been falsely selling for weeks now and slip right into regular programing.

hate that little lizard. hope his head explodes.

but, it's not over till it's over.

don't want to jinx anything.
    Why would he say anything about a non-sense poll?

billlll (255 posts) Tue Oct-26-10 01:43 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    7. other polls shifting in our favor?
    I pray they do!
    Shush! This one poll is LAW!

pgodbold (539 posts) Tue Oct-26-10 01:42 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. I've reached the point that when I hear of ANYTHING that makes
    Edited on Tue Oct-26-10 01:51 PM by pgodbold
    the RW scream and yell, carry internal anger, cause sleepless nights and bitter rage burning within I am thrilled!

The bastards have ruined my peace of mind for years. I'm saying.. How's that takey your country backy thing working out for ya?
    And Obama is our worst nightmare, but honestly when I go to bed at night, he's the last thing on my mind. Get some help.

otohara (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-26-10 01:46 PM
    10. Over At The Huffington Post
    they say it's all over for the Dems - we will lose house and senate.
    Ruh Roh!

tritsofme (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-26-10 02:37 PM
    21. I look at this poll skeptically and think a couple things, first it is probably an outlier.
    Edited on Tue Oct-26-10 02:40 PM by tritsofme
    It just doesn't agree with any other pollster, other pollsters haven't seen this sort of movement.

Outfits like Pew and Gallup also use cell phones in their samples, so Newsweek is not unique in this regard. When a poll is properly conducted, you can generally say with 95% confidence that the result will fall within the margin of error. However 5% of the time or 1/20 polls will essentially be junk.

This poll should also be viewed in the context that it showed Democrats at +16 on the generic ballot just prior to election day 2006, so they may have a house effect that favors Democrats. Even taking that into account it still represents a 13 point shift in the Republican direction, which is ominous. It comes down to belieiving Newsweek is right and everyone else wrong, and that doesn't seem likely to me.
    ALERT ALERT! We got a FUNDIE!

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x9390498
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Now they just need something from RawStory and it'll be FACT!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Geez, a post that was copied from another post that was copied from a newsweek article. Don't these guys put out their own content? Anyway, the only "enthusiasm" is coming from a supposed upward spike in Obama's approval rating. Yes, they're really trying to use only one poll to say that Democrats suddenly have more enthusiasm. Looking at an overall trend, however:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-1044.html

...it seems that the +14 is quite an anomaly.

1. "GOP is PREPARING to lose and scream "Voter fraud!""
    That kind of statement is more commonly known as "Projection." Have the DUmmies completely forgotten the way they and the other ultra- liberals reacted after the 2000 and 2004 elections?
    2. It never occurred to them that Newsweek isn't exactly a neutral, objective source which regularly kisses up to Obama, and thus polls it conducts on politics are likely to be in favor of liberals and their candidates? They might as well cite a poll put out by Rolling Stone Magazine.

Up next, polls from Media Matters, Moveon.org, The Village Voice, Out Magazine, The Nation Magazine, and the Rachael Maddow show. Seriously, DailyKos and Newsweek? Even the NY Times is a right wing propaganda machine compared to those entities.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

No poll proves anything.

The vote counts on Tuesday are the only numbers that ultimately matter. Polls are about getting the other side's voters to stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    That kind of statement is more commonly known as "Projection." Have the DUmmies completely forgotten the way they and the other ultra- liberals reacted after the 2000 and 2004 elections?
    2. It never occurred to them that Newsweek isn't exactly a neutral, objective source which regularly kisses up to Obama, and thus polls it conducts on politics are likely to be in favor of liberals and their candidates? They might as well cite a poll put out by Rolling Stone Magazine.
    Thanks for saying it for me Buff ( projection).

The Denizens of DU are trying to rewrite reality; only this time someone saved them the time to spike a poll.

Moonbats will be screaming blood murder a week from now; after all the DailyKos said they were going to win
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    The thing is, there already has been voter fraud. Just not on the GOP side.

http://www.texasgopvote.com/2010-ele...ry-reid-001995

The larger problem are those electronic voting machines. The port access to insert the card is only locked by a standard key rather than an electronic lock, so anyone could pick at it. Since the keys are all the same, it also doesn't help much in stopping voter fraud by the election official. There are videos on YouTube showing how easy it is to compromise the results.

In addition, Diebold, who makes the majority of the machines, refuses to open the source code. It's impossible to see how it works and where the compromises are coming from.