1. #1 65% Favor Getting Rid of Entire Congress and Starting Over 
    65% Favor Getting Rid of Entire Congress and Starting Over

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Letís face it: Most Americans donít have much use for either of the major political parties and think it would be better to dump the entire Congress on Election Day.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters say if they had the option next week, they would vote to get rid of the entire Congress and start all over again. Only 20% would opt to keep the entire Congress instead. Fifteen percent (15%) arenít sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Of course, the Political Class strongly disagrees. While 84% of Mainstream voters would opt to get rid of the entire Congress, 64% of the Political Class would vote instead to keep them all.

Not surprisingly, 82% of Republicans and 78% of unaffiliateds say dump them all. Despite their partyís control of both the House and Senate, Democratic voters are fairly evenly divided: 44% say itís better to keep the entire Congress, but 38% would prefer to give all the national legislators the heave-ho.

Thirty-eight percent (38%) of all voters have a favorable opinion of the Democratic Party after its two years of controlling both the White House and Congress. But 53% view the Democrats unfavorably.

As for the party out of power but knocking on the door, just 29% view Republicans favorably, while 54% hold an unfavorable opinion of them.

Only 61% of Republicans offer a favorable opinion of the GOP, a figure perhaps reflective of the fact that most Republican voters believe their party leaders are out of touch with the base.

Seventy-six percent (76%) of Democrats have a favorable opinion of their party.

Among all voters, just three percent (3%) have a favorable opinion of both parties, while 18% view both unfavorably. Seventy-nine percent (79%) offer mixed reviews.
    I'm surprised it's so low.

Rasmussen

Banned
    This is typical, people hate congress as a whole but adore their congressperson.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    This is typical, people hate congress as a whole but adore their congressperson.
    I mostly agree. But I hate my congressman, and the guy whose probably going to replace him next week.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I think of them as contract employees. I'm willing to like them if they work hard and don't have obvious tattoos but I don't get attached.