Thread: Vampires...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 Vampires... 
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    With Halloween only a few days away I've been watching old vampire movies such as Salem's Lot, fright night etc. Why has more and more vampire movies that have been made in recent years moved away from Christan weapons to kill vampires? i.e. Crosses and holy water? I know its a rhetorical question, are they so trying to remove anything Christan from horror movies?


    Meh just another slight in a long series of them from Hollyweird.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,433
    Because they are making the vampires teenage-girl friendly, so the teenagers want to hug and kiss them, not kill them.


    The vampires in From Dusk til Dawn were killed with crosses and holy water, and ultimately by sunlight.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    With Halloween only a few days away I've been watching old vampire movies such as Salem's Lot, fright night etc. Why has more and more vampire movies that have been made in recent years moved away from Christan weapons to kill vampires? i.e. Crosses and holy water? I know its a rhetorical question, are they so trying to remove anything Christan from horror movies?


    Meh just another slight in a long series of them from Hollyweird.
    Because they are stho sthuper gay.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Because they are making the vampires teenage-girl friendly, so the teenagers want to hug and kiss them, not kill them.


    The vampires in From Dusk til Dawn were killed with crosses and holy water, and ultimately by sunlight.
    What kind of world do we live in where you can turn a blood thirsty monster into a prepubescent (and middle age women) sex object?

    True on dusk to dawn but movies such as blade and queer bait such as twilight. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD vampires dont glitter) I just cant believe someone has made MILLIONS on such bullshit. I watched the first one and for the life of me cant even stand a minute of the last two lol but I digress....
    Last edited by Bailey; 10-28-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    What kind of world do we live in where you can turn a blood thirsty monster into a prepubescent (and middle women) sex object?

    True on dusk to dawn but movies such as blade and queer bait such as twilight. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD vampires dont glitter) I just cant believe someone has made MILLIONS on such bullshit. I watched the first one and for the life of me cant even stand a minute of the last two lol but I digress....
    There's always been an undercurrent of sex in Dracula's bloody bite/kisses.
    Most of the initial bites have been to the boobs .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    It's just part of the cycle of story-telling. I saw a trailer last week for a new vampire movie called 'Priest" based on the comic book.

    The vampires in that movie sure as hell don't glitter. :eek:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,887
    The True Blood vampires aren't repulsed by crosses as in season one, Bill Compton(the main vampire character) did a seminar for the Daughters of the Confederacy and it was held in a church. One of the members was afaid that Bill might do something to the rather large cross so they cover it with the American flag. Bill promptly removed the flag, hung it where it belonged, and look at the cross almost with a sort of sadness. Anyhoo, these vampires are all mostly bisexual but this is more of the product of the producers having a gay agenda.

    But the push is that vampires are no longer minions of Satan, although, and this is obvious even in the sparkling Twilight world, that they are still evil, murderous creatures. True Blood vampires are vulnerable to silver as one of the characters created a silver glitter mace that is quite effective. Haven't seen exactly what Twilight vampires are vulnerable to aside from some very big wolves.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,865
    Because of the overuse of holy water and crosses the vampires have developed immunity, soon there will be a super strain of vampires that nothing can kill.:eek:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Because of the overuse of holy water and crosses the vampires have developed immunity, soon there will be a super strain of vampires that nothing can kill.:eek:

    Maybe DDT will kill them?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Maybe DDT will kill them?
    I don't see why it would - it doesn't kill regular humans.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •