Thread: Vampires...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Vampires... 
    With Halloween only a few days away I've been watching old vampire movies such as Salem's Lot, fright night etc. Why has more and more vampire movies that have been made in recent years moved away from Christan weapons to kill vampires? i.e. Crosses and holy water? I know its a rhetorical question, are they so trying to remove anything Christan from horror movies?

Meh just another slight in a long series of them from Hollyweird.

Because they are making the vampires teenage-girl friendly, so the teenagers want to hug and kiss them, not kill them.

The vampires in From Dusk til Dawn were killed with crosses and holy water, and ultimately by sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    With Halloween only a few days away I've been watching old vampire movies such as Salem's Lot, fright night etc. Why has more and more vampire movies that have been made in recent years moved away from Christan weapons to kill vampires? i.e. Crosses and holy water? I know its a rhetorical question, are they so trying to remove anything Christan from horror movies?

Meh just another slight in a long series of them from Hollyweird.
    Because they are stho sthuper gay.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Because they are making the vampires teenage-girl friendly, so the teenagers want to hug and kiss them, not kill them.

The vampires in From Dusk til Dawn were killed with crosses and holy water, and ultimately by sunlight.
    What kind of world do we live in where you can turn a blood thirsty monster into a prepubescent (and middle age women) sex object?

True on dusk to dawn but movies such as blade and queer bait such as twilight. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD vampires dont glitter) I just cant believe someone has made MILLIONS on such bullshit. I watched the first one and for the life of me cant even stand a minute of the last two lol but I digress....
    Last edited by Bailey; 10-28-2010 at 04:58 PM.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    What kind of world do we live in where you can turn a blood thirsty monster into a prepubescent (and middle women) sex object?

True on dusk to dawn but movies such as blade and queer bait such as twilight. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD vampires dont glitter) I just cant believe someone has made MILLIONS on such bullshit. I watched the first one and for the life of me cant even stand a minute of the last two lol but I digress....
    There's always been an undercurrent of sex in Dracula's bloody bite/kisses.
    Most of the initial bites have been to the boobs .

It's just part of the cycle of story-telling. I saw a trailer last week for a new vampire movie called 'Priest" based on the comic book.

The vampires in that movie sure as hell don't glitter. :eek:

The True Blood vampires aren't repulsed by crosses as in season one, Bill Compton(the main vampire character) did a seminar for the Daughters of the Confederacy and it was held in a church. One of the members was afaid that Bill might do something to the rather large cross so they cover it with the American flag. Bill promptly removed the flag, hung it where it belonged, and look at the cross almost with a sort of sadness. Anyhoo, these vampires are all mostly bisexual but this is more of the product of the producers having a gay agenda.

But the push is that vampires are no longer minions of Satan, although, and this is obvious even in the sparkling Twilight world, that they are still evil, murderous creatures. True Blood vampires are vulnerable to silver as one of the characters created a silver glitter mace that is quite effective. Haven't seen exactly what Twilight vampires are vulnerable to aside from some very big wolves.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Because of the overuse of holy water and crosses the vampires have developed immunity, soon there will be a super strain of vampires that nothing can kill.:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Because of the overuse of holy water and crosses the vampires have developed immunity, soon there will be a super strain of vampires that nothing can kill.:eek:

Maybe DDT will kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Maybe DDT will kill them?
    I don't see why it would - it doesn't kill regular humans.