1. #1 Did Clinton prod Meek to end Senate bid? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Time to try and throw Meek under da bus... :D

By Jeremy Wallace

Published: Friday, October 29, 2010 at 1:00 a.m.
    Last Modified: Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:58 p.m.

In a bombshell sure to reverberate across the final days of Florida's U.S. Senate campaign, former President Bill Clinton tried to persuade Democratic nominee Kendrick Meek to quit the race and endorse the independent candidacy of Gov. Charlie Crist.

Meek, in a hastily called news conference late Thursday, denied that he had ever considered quitting and said he was in the race until the end. He called the report "inaccurate at best."

But a Clinton spokesman, Matt McKenna, told The New York Times that the former president did try to broker the deal last week during two days of public campaigning on Meek's behalf in Florida. Sarasota native Doug Band, a former top aide to Clinton, also acted as an intermediary to try to persuade Meek to quit the race, the website Politico reported.

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I don't know anything about Meeks' politics, but frankly I am impressed with his resolve. Some battles are worth fighting even in the face of a sure loss.

Clinton is ALWAYS described as the quintessential politician. But I have never felt he was all that good. After all, he is one of only 2 Presidents ever to serve 2 terms and not get 50% of the popular vote either time.
    And he knows how he won, too. Ross Perot divided the conservative vote. Had Perot not divided the vote we would be scratching our heads trying to remember who he was.

He simply tried to replicate his own history.

Democrats have the same dilemma in Florida that Republicans have in Colorado.....a third party.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Democrats have the same dilemma in Florida that Republicans have in Colorado.....a third party.
    Alaska as well. Dems are seriously backing Murkowski over their own, and it's screwing the Republican candidate.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

What I object to is Clnton coming to Florida with the message from the Obama strategists. They've done it before, offering a different job or whatever as an incentive. They tried to say that nothing specific was offered to Meek, but in the next breath they said that he was told that something good in the future might be waiting.

One of the absolute worst in this corrupt deal is that former RINO, all for himself guy, Charlie Crist. Apparently one of his followers tried to initiate the deal. If the Dems got Meeks to drop out, then good ole Charlie would caucus with the dems. So much for his ads trumpeting his independence. He's a pos in my opinion.

I respect Meeks more, even if the lobbiests gave a Cadillac to his momma in exchange for favors (according to the ads).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I don't know anything about Meeks' politics, but frankly I am impressed with his resolve. Some battles are worth fighting even in the face of a sure loss.

Clinton is ALWAYS described as the quintessential politician. But I have never felt he was all that good. After all, he is one of only 2 Presidents ever to serve 2 terms and not get 50% of the popular vote either time.
    And he knows how he won, too. Ross Perot divided the conservative vote. Had Perot not divided the vote we would be scratching our heads trying to remember who he was.

He simply tried to replicate his own history.

I wouldn't say Ross Perot divided the conservative vote-he picked off republican social liberals who were fiscally conservative. My friends who voted Perot in 92 voted to re-elect Clinton in 96. Then they voted for Bush in 2000, mostly because they thought Gore was boring.