Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    After the United States was attacked on September 11th, 2001 the French, along with other allied nations of NATO invoked article 5 of that organization's charter meaning that the French (and other allies) treated that attack like an attack on themselves and in 2002, next to the United States, France had the largest military contingent in the Afghan theater.

    The contempt for one of the greatest traditional, and contemporary, allies against the enemies of the United States is embarrassing for me as an American.

    I would suggest France bashers should be ashamed but shame left the building long ago.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    and in 2002, next to the United States, France had the largest military contingent in the Afghan theater.
    I'd like to see a link to that because I'm pretty sure the UK and Germany had more troops there than the French.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post

    Ever since WWI they have been pussies and they DESERVE the reputation they have earned.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    After the United States was attacked on September 11th, 2001 the French, along with other allied nations of NATO invoked article 5 of that organization's charter meaning that the French (and other allies) treated that attack like an attack on themselves and in 2002, next to the United States, France had the largest military contingent in the Afghan theater.

    The contempt for one of the greatest traditional, and contemporary, allies against the enemies of the United States is embarrassing for me as an American.

    I would suggest France bashers should be ashamed but shame left the building long ago.
    Their presence amounted to 600 troops. It was only the largest, because the British force of 2,100 scaled back to 300 for a short period of time.

    Dude, seriously. If your going to come up with somethign that weak, don't bother.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    The French surrender myth possibly the most pathetic attempt at trying to character assasinate a western country that has repeatedly ignored the US and maintained some level of sovereignty for themselves.

    You do they've won a majority of the wars they've been in, right?
    What's the last war they've fought in that they won? Not someone else winning it for the - that THEY won?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member obx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KIll Devil Hills, N.C.
    Posts
    1,232
    Do you know why the streets of Paris are lined with trees? So the Germans can march in the shade.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    How many Frenchmen can defend Paris?

    No one knows, its never been tried :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    What's the last war they've fought in that they won? Not someone else winning it for the - that THEY won?
    When's the last time anybody won a war by themselves? I mean like an international conflict, not a civil war or anything like that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    well I knew in ww1 and ww2 we should have let the french slide down the stool. and to think all those allied soliders that died for france??? it just wasn't worth it Ivan
    No it wasn't worth letting the Soviets take N. Italy, all of Germany and possibly the low countries. Right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,269
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    When's the last time anybody won a war by themselves? I mean like an international conflict, not a civil war or anything like that.
    When was the last time anyone gave a fuck about anything a teenage punk like you has to say? Never, because it hasn't happened yet.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •