Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    After the United States was attacked on September 11th, 2001 the French, along with other allied nations of NATO invoked article 5 of that organization's charter meaning that the French (and other allies) treated that attack like an attack on themselves and in 2002, next to the United States, France had the largest military contingent in the Afghan theater.

The contempt for one of the greatest traditional, and contemporary, allies against the enemies of the United States is embarrassing for me as an American.

I would suggest France bashers should be ashamed but shame left the building long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    and in 2002, next to the United States, France had the largest military contingent in the Afghan theater.
    I'd like to see a link to that because I'm pretty sure the UK and Germany had more troops there than the French.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post

Ever since WWI they have been pussies and they DESERVE the reputation they have earned.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    After the United States was attacked on September 11th, 2001 the French, along with other allied nations of NATO invoked article 5 of that organization's charter meaning that the French (and other allies) treated that attack like an attack on themselves and in 2002, next to the United States, France had the largest military contingent in the Afghan theater.

The contempt for one of the greatest traditional, and contemporary, allies against the enemies of the United States is embarrassing for me as an American.

I would suggest France bashers should be ashamed but shame left the building long ago.
    Their presence amounted to 600 troops. It was only the largest, because the British force of 2,100 scaled back to 300 for a short period of time.

Dude, seriously. If your going to come up with somethign that weak, don't bother.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

The French surrender myth possibly the most pathetic attempt at trying to character assasinate a western country that has repeatedly ignored the US and maintained some level of sovereignty for themselves.

You do they've won a majority of the wars they've been in, right?
    What's the last war they've fought in that they won? Not someone else winning it for the - that THEY won?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Do you know why the streets of Paris are lined with trees? So the Germans can march in the shade.

Sonnabend
    How many Frenchmen can defend Paris?

No one knows, its never been tried :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    What's the last war they've fought in that they won? Not someone else winning it for the - that THEY won?
    When's the last time anybody won a war by themselves? I mean like an international conflict, not a civil war or anything like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    well I knew in ww1 and ww2 we should have let the french slide down the stool. and to think all those allied soliders that died for france??? it just wasn't worth it Ivan
    No it wasn't worth letting the Soviets take N. Italy, all of Germany and possibly the low countries. Right.

When's the last time anybody won a war by themselves? I mean like an international conflict, not a civil war or anything like that.
    When was the last time anyone gave a fuck about anything a teenage punk like you has to say? Never, because it hasn't happened yet.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf