Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Muslim's Offended....Again 
    There's hope...the publisher isn't backing down.

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/3466

Serbia: Book withdrawn for being insult to Muslims

Belgrade, 18 August (AKI) - The Islamic Community in Serbia said on Monday it was not satisfied with the withdrawal of Sherry Jones’ novel, The Jewel of Medina, from the country's bookshops.

Referring to the book released by Belgrade publisher Beobuk three weeks ago, the organisation's leader Muamer Zukorlic said it was "offensive to Muslims" and demanded all of the published copies be handed in.

He also called for director Aleksandar Jasic to repent for what he had done.

After an initial complaint from the Islamic community, Jasic apologised saying the company "had no intention of insulting Muslims in Serbia" and announced the book would not be available in any bookstore in the country.

But Zukorlic said on Monday that this was not enough.

"Jasic needs to sincerely repent because of the incident he caused," Zukorlic said.

Zukorlic has already compared The Jewel of Medina with the Mohammed cartoon controversy in Denmark.

The Danish cartoons, deemed offensive to Islam, led to worldwide protests when they were first printed in September 2005.

"Obviously someone wishes to join the ranks of those who produced the cartoons in Denmark several years ago and it is an insult to all Muslims of the world, especially for us here in Serbia," said Mufti Zukorlic.

The book was due to have a world premier in Serbia, since its US publisher decided against selling the book fearing the reaction of radical Muslims.

Jasic explained that Macedonia, Croatia, Spain and France had also bought the rights for the book.

The novel is a love story about the life of Aisha, the seventh wife of the Islam prophet Mohammed, and follows her life from her betrothal to the prophet when she was six-years-old.

According to the novel, Aisha was Mohammed’s favourite wife and he died in her arms.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Wasn't it a New York city museum that had the jar of piss with a bible in it? I have been wondering if I made the same "art", if that museum would let me diplay my jar of piss with a koran in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Wasn't it a New York city museum that had the jar of piss with a bible in it? I have been wondering if I made the same "art", if that museum would let me diplay my jar of piss with a koran in it?

Yeah...but you wouldn't live for long afterward. :p
    That's the difference between a Christian and a Muslim.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

History is cyclonic. In 16th Century Spain they’d have made fahitas out of your testicles for that Bible display. The Islamic faith got stuck nine centuries ago and the people never recovered. In a hundred years the other side will take Jerusalem .
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The Great Desecration

Category: Godlessness • Religion
    Posted on: July 24, 2008 2:00 PM, by PZ Myers

It is finished.

I wonder how many of our Catholic friends have heard of the Fourth Lateran Council of 1215? This is the event where many of their important dogmas were codified, including the ideas of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus, that the Eucharist was the sacrament that only properly ordained priests of the Catholic church could give, and that the Jews were a pariah people, who could hold no public office, had to pay a special Jew tax for their right to exist, and were required to wear special clothing to distinguish them from Christians. The yellow badge marking the Juden was not an invention of the Nazis, but a decree by faithful Catholics in the Middle Ages. That's an interesting juxtaposition, that a symbol of Christian exceptionalism was formalized at the same time that they formally decreed the Jews to be inferior, and a target of hatred.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...ation.php#more
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Banned
    It's surprising that the Serbs, of all peoples, are reacting in this rather apologetic manner. They've always regarded themselves as the first bulwark of civilized Europe against the Turkish (Muslim) hordes. That's why Kosovo is so important to the Serbs as it was the site of their defeat (oddly enough) by the Turks in 1389.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    The Great Desecration

Category: Godlessness • Religion
    Posted on: July 24, 2008 2:00 PM, by PZ Myers

It is finished.

I wonder how many of our Catholic friends have heard of the Fourth Lateran Council of 1215? This is the event where many of their important dogmas were codified, including the ideas of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus, that the Eucharist was the sacrament that only properly ordained priests of the Catholic church could give, and that the Jews were a pariah people, who could hold no public office, had to pay a special Jew tax for their right to exist, and were required to wear special clothing to distinguish them from Christians. The yellow badge marking the Juden was not an invention of the Nazis, but a decree by faithful Catholics in the Middle Ages. That's an interesting juxtaposition, that a symbol of Christian exceptionalism was formalized at the same time that they formally decreed the Jews to be inferior, and a target of hatred.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...ation.php#more
    I generally find PZ annoying and well, not all that interesting, but this was brilliant!

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    I wonder how many of our Catholic friends have heard of the Fourth Lateran Council of 1215?
    So the actions of 13th century Christians are an excuse for 21st century Muslims to chop off the heads of Christians?

The big Cheese
    Fuck the muzzies.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    So the actions of 13th century Christians are an excuse for 21st century Muslims to chop off the heads of Christians?
    Read the article. It wasnt 13th century Christians sending him death threats for putting a rusty nail through a eucharist.