Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Another eyewitness account, by Raymond of Aguiles, not only corroborates the above account but conveys a sense of his own religious ecstasy at experiencing such a complete and total Christian victory:

Wonderful sights were to be seen. Some of our men (and this was more merciful) cut off the heads of their enemies; others shoot them with arrows, so that they fell from the towers; others tortured them longer by casting them into flames. Piles of heads, hands and feet were to be seen in the streets of the city. It was necessary to pick one's way over the bodies of men and horses. But these were small matters compared to what happened at the Temple of Solomon, a place where religious services are normally chanted ... in the temple and the porch of Solomon, men rode in blood up to their knees and bridle reins. Indeed it was a just and splendid judgement of God that this place should be filled with the blood of unbelievers since it had suffered so long from their blasphemies.

A total of about 40,000 Muslims were killed in that two-day massacre of Jerusalem. [10] The Jews were murdered along with the Muslims, many were huddled into the synagogues and burned alive. Thus was Jerusalem saved by the Christians from infidel hands.

http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/crusades.html

* When you're raised with accounts like these being taught to you from your earliest days it has to effect your culture, no?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The big Cheese
    again I say, fuck the muzzies
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    So the actions of 13th century Christians are an excuse for 21st century Muslims to chop off the heads of Christians?
    No. If one considers desecration of religious symbols to be abuse, then Christians, to their credit, seem much better able to tolerate abuse than Muslims.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    No. If one considers desecration of religious symbols to be abuse, then Christians, to their credit, seem much better able to tolerate abuse than Muslims.
    Let me bookmark this post.:eek: Never thought you'd take that high road.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    It's surprising that the Serbs, of all peoples, are reacting in this rather apologetic manner.
    Not really ... they're bucking for EU membership.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I just want to get this straight.

You piss on others when they cite websites like CBN to make a point, and then you cite a fucking geocities account to make yours?

What.

The.

Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    What.

The.

Hell.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Read the article. It wasnt 13th century Christians sending him death threats for putting a rusty nail through a eucharist.
    I have no doubt that for PZ Myers gets death threats from both Christians and Muslims but if I were him I would be most worried about the Muslims... and by a wide margin. Let's be honest... we all know which religion is at bat right now.

Consider the case of Swedish artist Lars Vilks. Vilks is known for having depicted Jesus as a child molester and Mohammed as a dog. Guess which depiction has led to him having to go into hiding for fear of his life.

Here is the test...

If you had to choose between desecrating the Koran before a crowd of Muslims or the Bible before a crowd of Christians, which would you choose? I know which one I would choose.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

I generally find PZ annoying and well, not all that interesting, but this was brilliant!
    Throwing The God Delusion in the trash along with the religious symbols was a nice touch just in case anyone was thinking that PZ Myers is playing a team sport.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

I generally find PZ annoying and well, not all that interesting, but this was brilliant!
    PZ is a cheap attention whore. The same kind of person who'd eat dog dick to be on a reality show, except without the honesty to just do so.
    “When the doctor is out, I’m in.”