Thread: Do You Ladies And Gentlemen Entertain The Nation That McCain Might Lose?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

All of it is off limits. In addition to the four areas I mentioned, 85% of our coastal oil areas are off limits, and hundreds of other areas.
    I live in Florida. There is a bipartisan consensus to oppose off shore drilling. Jeb Bush, Charlie Crist, and Bob Martinez are all against it... So, it's not only the left or Dems opposing it..The Reps are afraid a spill would kill the beaches on the West Coast and touriam and home prices along with it...

You have some folks arguing that we have reached peak oil...You have some folks arguing that there are trillions of barrels of oil to be tapped... I suspect the truth is in the middle... To me stuff like science and medicine should be non-ideological...

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    They were more afraid of the voting population's belief in the lie about offshore drilling.

I'm not an expert...The argument is Florida's beaches are a valuable, valuable asset... An oil spill would jeopardize those beaches... That's why most Florida politicians , Reps and Dems oppose the drilling...

I will concede the point that some leftists and Dems see some moral value in conservation... I don't think folks should be wasteful but I don't see anything positive about doing without..Driving bicycles and living without air condition would be fine if you were living on a tiny hamlet in Maine...

Seems McBush could simply declare another national emergency - ala 9-11, and over-ride anything the opposition in Congress could conjure up legislatively. Would take some balls, but that's just another reason to turn out - in mass - to vote for the Republican candidate, no?

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    I'm not an expert...The argument is Florida's beaches are a valuable, valuable asset... An oil spill would jeopardize those beaches... That's why most Florida politicians , Reps and Dems oppose the drilling...

I will concede the point that some leftists and Dems see some moral value in conservation... I don't think folks should be wasteful but I don't see anything positive about doing without..Driving bicycles and living without air condition would be fine if you were living on a tiny hamlet in Maine...
    I would rather have a few tar balls on my feet when I go to the beach than high gas prices. The people in Texas have learned to live with it.

The only reason we aren't drilling off the coast of Florida is because of the big developer money influencing the politicians.

I don't give a shit about the tourist coming to Florida and having a nice day at the beach. I do care about the economy of our nation.

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post

And both the impact and the chances of that happening are negligible. The enviros are exaggerating every possible doomsday scenario on this issue. Just like they did with the Polar Bears being put on the threatened list - when their populations are at or near all time highs. It is all being done to keep oil companies from being able to drill.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the environmental groups in the US today are VERY hostile to our country and especially our economic system. The environmental lobby is not so much green as it is Red.