Thread: Do You Ladies And Gentlemen Entertain The Nation That McCain Might Lose?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vepr
    I might entertain the notion but I refuse to entertain the entire nation. ;)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    I see some of the same overconfidence here that I see at the DUmp. They think that Obama can't lose and they might be right. Every available metric favors the Democrat this year.Perception is more important than reality and the perception is the war is bad, the economy is bad, and George Bush is a failed president. You might agree or disagree with that assessment but that is what Senator McCain is up against.He is also up against a charismatic candidate who has the press in his back pocket.

The political environment in 2008 is as bad for the Republicans as it was for the Democrats in 1980 and we all saw what happened. Ronald Reagan won 489 Electoral College Votes and the Republicans won control of the Senate for the first time in twenty five years.

The one thing that can stave off defeat is John McCain has a great resume and Obama's color and his loopy friends like Reverend Wright, Father Pfleger, Bill Ayres and Tony Rezko might make him too risky a proposition.

I don't see how either side can be overconfident.
    Why are you here,Is it to gloat,to feed your ego ?
    Your man Obama has turned into an unelectable white albatross around the liberals political necks !By the time most Americans wake up to the real man, Obama, his wife will have totally 'poisoned the well' !
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-05-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Your man Obama has turned into an unelectable white albatross around the liberals political necks!
    Stunningly outstanding. :)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Why are you here,Is it to gloat,to feed your ego ?
    Your man Obama has turned into an unelectable white albatross around the liberals political necks !By the time most Americans wake up to the real man, Obama, his wife will have totally 'poisoned the well' !

Gloat?

I think I called the election a push or "pick em"... I honestly don't know who will win.

Plus you underestimate how much the media loves Obama and how much they will do to help him. Look what they did to Hillary for him.

To me, Obama is the less evil of two lessers....

P.S. This is how I concluded my original post:

The one thing that can stave off defeat is John McCain has a great resume and Obama's color and his loopy friends like Reverend Wright, Father Pfleger, Bill Ayres and Tony Rezko might make him too risky a proposition.

I don't see how either side can be overconfident

I approach this race like an oddsmaker or professional handicapper.
    Last edited by everyman68; 06-05-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Depends largely on two factors:

1) The VP picks,

and

2) The debates.

All other issues are trivial and at this point its a 50/50 toss-up.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Depends largely on two factors:

1) The VP picks,

and

2) The debates.

All other issues are trivial and at this point its a 50/50 toss-up.
    Any ideas on the best VP picks?

Banned
    Anything is possible but I think Obama's chances are slim to none unless a major development takes place. Obama's lack of understanding of the military and the safety of this country along with his left wing liberal policies make him unelectable in my opinion. The race debacle with his pastor, his wife's remarks about not being proud of the US and his remarks about whites clinging to guns and religion may arouse lefty audiences but turn off white voters.

I do think the Democrats will pick up seats in Congress and may even get to the magic number of 60 in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Any ideas on the best VP picks?

I always thought Ridge was a good choice for McCain. If McCain could seal PA, this almost certainly dooms the Democrats. But McCain already ruled Tom Ridge out due to his pro-choice position. Sarah Palin might be an intersting choice.

For Obama, I still say Evan Bayh (whom I originally supported as a presidential candidate).

9. #29 This great country can withstand McCain..(Barely) 
    As a conservitative who began my "Great political awakening" on the day President Regan was shot, I do believe that if McCain does not screw it up, which he just might, we can deal with four years of his sucking up to the liberal demons that are now, as we speak, trying to distroy the very fabric of the great country.

Our only true hope is his VP pick. I see McCain as only a four year president. His age combines with his volitatle temperment will not allow his to withstand eight years of the rigors of the office.

A good solid conservatitive will be a great start, be we will aslo need to take the step to dismantle the GOP.
    I know that Regan said we should change the party from within, however, I believe that the GOP has alowed itself to rot from the inside out. The few remaining true conservitive in congress need to defect after the election of 2012. and form a new, invigorated party.

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    I might entertain the notion but I refuse to entertain the entire nation. ;)

Thank you! I thought I was the only one to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    The few remaining true conservitive in congress need to defect after the election of 2012. and form a new, invigorated party.

I don't think there are enough "true conservatives" to form a party. I doubt I would join it. There are lots of us who are conservative in some areas, not in others. If there were that many; where is your nominee?