Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 McCain not sure how many houses he owns 

Campaign says candidate and wife have at least four homes

updated 1:05 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2008

WASHINGTON - Days after he cracked that being rich in the U.S. meant earning at least $5 million a year, Republican presidential candidate John McCain acknowledged that he wasn't sure how many houses he and his wealthy wife actually own.

"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain responded to a question posed by Politico, according to a story Thursday on the publication's Web site. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."

Later, the McCain campaign told Politico that McCain and his wife, Cindy, have at least four in three states — Arizona, California and Virginia. Newsweek recently estimated the two owned at least seven properties.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26331222/

* I want to be that rich. ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Eyelids
    Where did Hanoi John get all that money? Oh right. His wife.

Not the first one though, he couldn't be seen with that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Where did Hanoi John get all that money? Oh right. His wife.

Not the first one though, he couldn't be seen with that mess.
    Too bad he's not a self made man, like Kerry. Or taking contributions from people who can't afford it like Al and Jesse.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The big Cheese
    I want to know which one of his houses he got from a convicted felon?

Oh yeah, thats right....NONE!
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Does an apartment building count as only one or do you count the individual apartments as homes?
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Banned
    I think the final verdict was 7. I do think we are starting to see the shift happen though, its quite fascinating.

People are slowly moving on from "holding their nose", to being staunch McCain defenders. Ive noticed the shift in the right wing media as well... coincidence?

I don't see much alternative than to vote for McCain, then go to Confession, do penance and try to put the nightmare at what I did behind me.

Voting for that other one would take all the above plus flagellation, and then I'm not sure I'd be cleansed of my sin.

Anyway, mccain's comment about $5 million a year really hit home as to how out of touch those people in the ivory towers of Capitol Hill really are. I doubt he's unique up there and I doubt that 'crack' was a joke.

To me, rich is a relative term. Here, in this little rural village, $40K is a very comfortable income. I don't think we could make it in some other parts of the country on that money.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    I don't see much alternative than to vote for McCain, then go to Confession, do penance and try to put the nightmare at what I did behind me.

Voting for that other one would take all the above plus flagellation, and then I'm not sure I'd be cleansed of my sin.

Anyway, mccain's comment about $5 million a year really hit home as to how out of touch those people in the ivory towers of Capitol Hill really are. I doubt he's unique up there and I doubt that 'crack' was a joke.

To me, rich is a relative term. Here, in this little rural village, $40K is a very comfortable income. I don't think we could make it in some other parts of the country on that money.
    Exactly, Linda90210 and I have talked about this. My wife and I make a combined $40K per year, give or take. We have three vehicles and a 2200 sq.ft. home, plus gas is $3.48/gal. I love small town GA.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Quite true. Here in the DC area, you'd be homeless. This is the median household income of my county (about ten miles west of DC), compared to the state and the country. And this information is four years old.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/demogrph/graphs/hhinc.pdf

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Exactly, Linda90210 and I have talked about this. My wife and I make a combined $40K per year, give or take. We have three vehicles and a 2200 sq.ft. home, plus gas is $3.48/gal. I love small town GA.:D
    And that's fine. It means we can move anywhere after we retire and live pretty luxuriously. ;)