1. #1 Candidate Files Criminal Complaint Over Firm Handshake 
    A firm handshake is usually seen as a good thing in business and even in politics.

Not so much in South Florida. A candidate for the Broward County School Board wants the cops to lock up her opponent after what she claims was akin to battery after a recent debate.

Jaemi Levine filed a complaint with the Broward Sheriff's Office claiming David Thomas squeezed her hand so hard during a post-debate handshake Tuesday that it now hurts.

Instead of getting a grip on education issues, Thomas decided to get a grip on his opponent for the Disctrict 4 seat.

Levine alleges Thomas was upset that she outclassed him during the debate in Tamarac, which led to the Kung Fu-grip handshake and a few mumbled harsh words to get his point across.
    http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...128614.html?dr

75% of the people who read that article are laughing at her.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I don't know. I'm a greeter at church, and I've had a few handshakes that were almost bone-crushing. They left indentations from rings on my hand.

Not that I filed charges or anything, but there is such a thing as an overly enthusiastic handshake, too.

OY VEY.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    one of the stupidest things i've heard in a while...but being from Broward County, this doesn't surprise me at all