1. #1 The Top 8 National Races To Watch This Tuesday 
    The Top 8 National Races To Watch This Tuesday

2010 October 31
    Chris Queen
    by Chris Queen

To hear it told, the 2010 election stands to be one of the most historic in recent memory. And it’s likely true. Two years after Barack Obama promised “hope and change,” we’ve seen just how little hope that failed change has brought us. Four years after the Democrats launched a charge against a lackluster Republican Congress, we’ve seen that all a Democratic-led Congress seems to be able to do these days is spend money. And people are angry, fed up, and ready for something new.

The Tea Party movement has been a bracing force this election season, along with a general anti-incumbent mood. Many in Congress who once felt complacent are fighting tooth and nail to keep their seat, while others didn’t even make it out of the primaries. The winds of change are aloft in this country in a way that hasn’t been seen in generations, possibly ever. And that’s going to make this Tuesday a fascinating Election Day, not to mention all the fallout afterward.

With all that said, I present to you eight national races to watch this Tuesday. Six of them are Senate races with obvious national implications. For good measure, I’ve thrown in two House races that aren’t necessarily of any major national consequence, but they make statements: one about the 2008 election and the Democrat sweep that went along with it, the other about what the Democratic Party may mean to a particular region.

Please note that I am not endorsing any particular candidate in any of these races. My intention is not to promote one candidate or another. Instead, I’m here to point out what is interesting about these races. I also don’t presume that these are the only races that are important. There are plenty of things to talk about this election cycle, and, given time, I could’ve easily doubled or tripled this list. This post is intended to be nothing more than a sampling of fascinating contests.

So, sit back and enjoy the ride! First, you’ll see the Senate races in alphabetical order by state, followed by the House races.
    Picks and analysis at the link.

News Real

I agree with that list the blogger put down. Harry Reid vs. Sharron Angle will definitely receive a lot of attention tomorrow night.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

The Delaware race is of interest to me. I would like to know why the democrats have been spending so much time and money to when there when the polls show Coons way ahead. The two theories I have are:

1. The public polls are wrong and internals are showing it much closer and a Scott Brown like upset might happen.

or

2. They know they are going to lose a lot of seats in the house, senate and governors races and need one win to hang their hat on. With very little prompting the media will push the line that there was no wave because the "tea party" candidate in Delaware did not win. Despite evidence to the contrary, this is the meme that will be spread.

The Republicans will win big in the House, but the Senate is a different story.

Democrats in the Senate that are unseated will remain unseated for SIX years. Wait 'til 2012! Republicans will have the opportunity to add to their numbers even if they don't get a majority in 2010. The key if how the Republicans, who will be on probation, behave these next two years.

If anyone wants to govern the American people, they must EARN that privilege!
    Last edited by marv; 11-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

PA got rid of Specturd this year and in 2012 we'll get the chance to ditch that moron Casey.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    The Republicans will win big in the House, but the Senate is a different story.

Democrats in the Senate that are unseated will remain unseated for SIX years. Wait 'til 2012! Republicans will have the opportunity to add to their numbers even if they don't get a majority in 2010. The key if how the Republicans, who will be on probation, behave these next two years.

If anyone wants to govern the American people, they must EARN that privilege!
    Darn. I was hoping we would take back both the Senate and House.:( As you mentioned, it just might have to wait until 2012. Nonetheless, taking back the House is a step in the right direction.:)

So, since it's very likely that we'll take back the House, is it safe to put some of my favorite soda on ice for tomorrow night????:D
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Banned
    If Reid somehow wins I will be sad, sad, sad.