Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    The Weathermen killed three of their own.
    They killed themselves, not on purpose.

Moving to GD as this has now gone way off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Really?

Kaczynski, McVeigh and Rudolph come instantly to mind as Conservatives who killed Americans in the past 20 years. I have a feeling you're just going to reach back to the Weather Underground though.
    ELF is one of the biggest leftist terrorist groups. Ted Kaczynki was and eco leftist. Fred Phelps is a card carrying democrat.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 08-22-2008 at 01:56 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I would have to do a search that I am too lazy to do to get specifics, but aren't the weather people responsible for the death of a security guard at a building they bombed? Or was that some other wacky group of 60s radicals? Environmentalists on the left (ELF, for example), have committed acts of terrorism in the last decade, so it's not just the people in the 60s.

I don't consider my liberal beliefs to have anything to do with that kind of activity, just like the average conservative is not responsible for the actions of Timothy McVeigh or John Eric Rudolph.

The unabomber was neither left nor right-he was a schizophrenic libertarian. The Libertarians are not responsible for his actions, he and his mental illness are.

Blaming political beliefs for violence is like blaming the Beatles for the Tate/LaBianca killings.
    His "manifesto" reads like a post from DU.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    His "manifesto" reads like a post from DU.
    His manifesto is also not libertarian because it rails against capitalist system and libertarians are not eco morons.
    Calling Kaczynski a conservative is completely off and I think Eyelids is just spouting talking points without thinking about who he' talking about.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Kaczynski was an ecoterrorist. Ecoterrorists (Especially those that are as rabidly anti- industry as Kaczynski was) don't tend to be conservative. He was a member of the ultra- liberal ecoterrorist group Earth First (Spit), the people he killed were associated with companies that EF had put on their 'Eco- F%%ker Hit List,' including at least one innocent man whose company was wrongfully accused by EF of environmental "crimes" (Thomas Mosser, executive at public- relations firm Burson- Marsteller, which EF had falsely accused of being the company that improved Exxon Oil's public image after the infamous Exxon- Valdez oil spill).
    Last edited by movie buff; 08-22-2008 at 04:52 PM.