Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 OK, GOP, You Have The House... 
    They fumbled the ball the last time they regained power. My fear is that once in, they'll do the same dumb stuff and do the "reach across the aisle" nonsense. Hopefully now because a lot of candidates who won are more conservative than 1994. This class needs to stick to their principles.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They fumbled the ball the last time they regained power. My fear is that once in, they'll do the same dumb stuff and do the "reach across the aisle" nonsense. Hopefully now because a lot of candidates who won are more conservative than 1994. This class needs to stick to their principles.
    We need to put a shock collar around their wrists, and run the underground fence down the middle of the aisle.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Hopefully none of those elected do something completely stupid, such as launch impeachment hearings against 0bama. I heard several of the uber-lefties suggest that such a thing would happen. That would be such a giant PR mistake.

I just hope that they follow through on many of the promises, primarily cutting entitlement spending wherever possible and cutting taxes. I heard a number of the leftists claiming again last night that the newly elected Republicans would have to find a way to pay for tax cuts.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Hopefully none of those elected do something completely stupid, such as launch impeachment hearings against 0bama. I heard several of the uber-lefties suggest that such a thing would happen. That would be such a giant PR mistake.

I just hope that they follow through on many of the promises, primarily cutting entitlement spending wherever possible and cutting taxes. I heard a number of the leftists claiming again last night that the newly elected Republicans would have to find a way to pay for tax cuts.
    There really is no need. With each passing day, Obama is leading his own way out the door.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Here is the business they need to work on from the start:

1. Extend the Bush Tax Cuts...forever
    2. Defund the healthcare bill
    3. Freeze spending

Start plans to shrink government and government programs.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post

It's a tricky line to balance on.

Tea Party candidates were boosted into office with their supporters wanting them to change things and stand up to washington establishments, including their own party.

One example is Congressman Ron Paul, Rand's father. I disagree with this man so very fundamentally but I respect him for being a man of principles rather than just being a party shrill. There are many votes where he was the single member of congress voting NO because of principles. I think that's awesome even if I disagree with his position.

He repeatedly goes against other members of his party.

Now, if Team R wants to beat Team D they need to all be on the same page, but that's not what the voters want, they want people who won't just play party politics and actually do stuff.

So the Tea Party candidates have to try to maintain their "outsider" image, while also needing to work entirely with Republicans in preparation for another election cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

this election was NOT about R's and D's. it was about the people forcing they're will on this corrupt regime

and a hugh bonus

DEAD !!!

[youtube]AeTgx_pj6m8[/youtube]
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Great post please incorporate more Kool and the Gang into your posting
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    We need to put a shock collar around their wrists, and run the underground fence down the middle of the aisle.
    We need term limits and easier recall !These evil Liberal/Progressives critters play 'hardball' and the RINO'S in Congress play fairy Badminton !

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Great post please incorporate more Kool and the Gang into your posting
    you be sure and kiss Pelosi's asshole for she leaves ok ???
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots