Steakhouse Black Bread
By: MAGGIE MCGUIRE
This Kitchen Approved Recipe has an average star rating of 4.3 Rate/Review | Read Reviews (59)
5,408 people have saved this.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 3 Hrs
Ready In: 3 Hrs 10 Min
Original Recipe Yield 12 servings
* 1 1/3 cups strong brewed coffee, room temperature
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup dark molasses
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup rye flour
* 2 cups bread flour
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
1. Place all ingredients in bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer. Select Dough cycle. When the machine indicates the end of the final rise, remove the dough.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Shape the dough into 12 dinner rolls, or one 9x5 inch loaf. Let rise until doubled in size while the oven preheats, they should rise quickly.
3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven for rolls, or 35 minutes for a loaf, or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.