1. #1 That wasn't very much fun. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Skinner consoles his flock... :D

Skinner ADMIN (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-03-10 01:11 PM
    Original message That wasn't very much fun.

The midterm elections are over, and the results are obviously not good for Democrats. There are many reasons why we lost, but I think the economy is probably the biggest.

Two years ago the economy was in free-fall and people were hurting, and they voted decisively for Barack Obama and Democrats. We've had two years to turn the economy around -- and we have made progress -- but it has not been nearly enough. Unemployment is still near 10%. Foreclosures are still at historic highs. People are still scared and uncertain.

It does not help that Wall Street -- the people who got us into this mess in the first place -- seems to be doing fine. In fact, they seem to be doing better than ever.

I am a strong supporter of President Obama, I think he has amassed an impressive record of accomplishments, and overall I think he's done a great job under very difficult circumstances. But I don't think he is particularly good at tapping into people's anger, or understanding their feelings that they have not been treated fairly. This might not have been such a problem if it weren't for the unique circumstances of this economic crisis.

More good stuff at da Linky!!
    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

He said in his little diatribe that he is looking forward to DUers attacking Republicans and not Obama, if you attack Obama on his site, you are banned.
    What a load of bullshit!

housewolf Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-03-10 01:19 PM
    Response to Original message
    15. I think Obama's biggest "failure" has been in educating the people about his policies &the problems

He just hasn't been at all successful at clearly communicating the policies, their goals, and the successes in a way that people can understand them and feel good about the progress that has been done and is continuing to be done.

I agree with you, Skinner - I, too, am looking forward to more bashing of Repubs and less bashing of Dems
    Good!! I hope every single leftist, liberal poliitician and diehard Obama worshiper takes this meme and runs with it hard and fast.

The more you "educate" the more people will turn away from the liberal agenda, just like they have in the past 2 years.

Yesterday wasn't the result of ignorance; it was the result of being educated.

tiredtoo

92. We are losing these elections because

We are not getting our message through.
    I was at 3 or 4 meetings in the last month with mostly middle class working people. The people there would get fired up when things like welfare and low income people not paying taxes were brought up. They have been brainwashed into believing their financial woes are caused by those less fortunate than them. This a result of years of propaganda from Fox, Limbaugh et all.
    Unless we can come up with a method to get our message out and understood, we are doomed for the future.
    Having said that, I will continue fighting for the working class as best I can.
    I think the message was heard loud and clear. Man, Democrats are like the whiny significant other you can't dump.

Voters: "I'm breaking up with you. You're horrible, and you drag me down into misery."
    Democrats: "BUT YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME, WE CAN MAKE IT WORK. YOU JUST HAVE TO UNDERSTAND"

Sonnabend
    I think he has amassed an impressive record of accomplishments,
    Name one.

Besides bowing and scraping to everything in sight.