Thread: Wade Phillips Fired, Jason Garrett New Head Coach, According To Multiple Reports

1. #1 Wade Phillips Fired, Jason Garrett New Head Coach, According To Multiple Reports 
    The Dallas Cowboys have reportedly done this week what everyone expected them to do: Fire Wade Phillips. Bill Jones of CBS-11 in Dallas reports the Cowboys head coach was fired on Monday after his team suffered a humiliating 45-7 loss to the Packers on Sunday Night Football. ...
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/11/...arrett-cowboys

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Jerry Jones is a big part of the problem with the team's performance.

Having said that, I really don't know what the remainder of the problem is. Even before Romo was injured the team was awful.

I don't see how firing Wade Phillips will help.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Jerry Jones is a big part of the problem with the team's performance.
    You got that right!
    I doubt you will find a Texan that can stand JJ.
    The day he fired Tom Landry put a black cloud over the Cowboys.
    The football gods will not be appeased till JJ is gone. Until then we are doomed.

I rarely write about sports, it’s not a topic that piques my interest very often, but this is a post I just had to address.

Wade Phillips is gone. Jason Garrett is in and is now the newest in a long string of head coaches under Jerry Jones.

That ‘long string of head coaches’ thing in itself poses a question; what happens if the losses continue and the Cowboys fail to get their act together? Will Jerry Jones fire Garrett? Will Jones address the lackadaisical play of his unproductive young millionaires?

Will Jerry Jones ever address and accept the REAL cause of the Dallas Cowboys problems and their obvious demise? That ‘cause‘ being the owner, Jerry Jones himself?

Jerry Jones has gone through some of the best coaches to come down the line, and a couple that were less than stellar. Jones has an ego the size of Cowboys Stadium. He clashes with everyone that has coached under his ownership.

Jones has assumed the title, and actively pursues the job of General Manager, when what he really needs to do is sit back and let a REAL General Manager run the operation while he, Jones, sits back and enjoys owning a team that has the talent, albeit not terribly apparent at this time, but DOES possess the talent to actually WIN a football game.

Since Jerry Jones took over the Cowboys, and fired Tom Landry, the Cowboys have now had, including Garrett, 7 different head coaches.

Jimmy Johnson, a great coach, rebuilt the Cowboys and took them to the Super Bowl, twice, and WON. Then the clash of egos occurred and Johnson was gone.

Enter Barry Switzer. Barry inherited a Super Bowl team, and won with them too. Switzer took the Cowboys to their last Super Bowl as participants. And yeah, Switzer came out a winner. Then the egos clashed again. See ya Barry.

Chan Gailey and Dave Campo were nothing but clowns. They were Yes men!

Then Bill Parcells came to Texas.

Many believe Parcells to be one of the greatest coaches of all time. He may be, but I never liked the guy, great record or not. He’s a damned Yankee and he just didn’t fit here in Texas. He was rude, he was brusque, he was annoying and his nasal tone sounded like he was about to cry on more than a few occasions. And again, a clash of egos ensued with Parcells and Jones. Buh-bye Billy.

Over all, Wade Phillips has had about as much success with the Cowboys as Parcells did.

Parcells had 64 wins and 34 losses. Phillips has had 56 wins and 34 losses and hasn’t finished this season. In all honesty, Phillips was falling apart and it showed, but suppose he DID win the final 8 games on the schedule?

Do the math. I know it’s a stretch to imagine, but IF the Cowboys had won their last 8 games under Phillips, he (Phillips) would have been tied for wins and losses with Parcells.

I wish Jason Garrett well, and I wish him all the luck in the world, he’s going to need all the luck he can get. If he wins, Jones won’t keep him, that EGO thing. If he loses, Jones won’t keep him, it’s a business and not a brotherhood.
    Last edited by TexasFred; 11-08-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Jerry Jones and Al Davis are two peas in a pod, both micro manage and have pushed their teams into the pits because they wont hire GM's and keep their teams from really going where they should.

I enjoy this though :D