Thread: NFL top 100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I agree that Manning doesn't belong in the top ten but he does belong ahead of Favre. As for Hourning, I don't know. But an even bigger travesty is leaving Derrick Thomas off the list entirely. 126 1/2 sacks as 7 in one game, the guy was a beast. And he only played 10 seasons. And I'm sorry but Marshall Faulk does not make this list. How he did ahead of Hourning and Thomas is beyond me.
    Thomas also had 6 in another game, but sat out most of the fourth quarter.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    How can you possibly leave off Walter Payton?

edit- I saw you said "play live, not on TV". Man, you missed out then.
    The Bears are one of the few NFL teams I've never seen live. That list includes the Packers, Lions, Giants, Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, Seahawks, Jags, and Panthers. I've seen every other NFL team, some multiple times.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    The Bears are one of the few NFL teams I've never seen live. That list includes the Packers, Lions, Giants, Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, Seahawks, Jags, and Panthers. I've seen every other NFL team, some multiple times.
    Man, you HAVE to make a trip to Green Bay, Lambeau field is the most awesome place to watch a game.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Man, you HAVE to make a trip to Green Bay, Lambeau field is the most awesome place to watch a game.
    I was supposed to go to Arizona to see the Pack/Cards game week 17 but I decided not to and glad I did because the Cards mailed the game in. I've only been to 5 stadiums: Veterans Stadium and Lincoln Financial Field in Philly, the old Meadowlands in NJ, Busch Stadium in St. Louis, and Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ. But I've seen a lot of football.

Obviously a list like this is expected to elicit discussion and argument. So here goes: There's no doubt in my mind that Jerry Rice is probably the greatest WR, no argument on that. But Look at what Sweetness did, not only as a running back. He was one of the best blockers of all time out of any non lineman offensive players. He was a great receiver. He threw the ball well and passed for several touchdowns. He could also punt the ball a mile. But then when you factor in his heart and desire to win, his longevity and durability, his determination and team player attributes, -- I don't see how he rates below Rice as all around greatest. My two cents.

Derrick Thomas is there. Number 97.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I was supposed to go to Arizona to see the Pack/Cards game week 17 but I decided not to and glad I did because the Cards mailed the game in. I've only been to 5 stadiums: Veterans Stadium and Lincoln Financial Field in Philly, the old Meadowlands in NJ, Busch Stadium in St. Louis, and Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ. But I've seen a lot of football.
    Nice, I still suggest going to Green Bay, 3 years and the Cards will be in Green Bay for a game

Steve Largent #80.......Top ten

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Derrick Thomas is there. Number 97.
    That would be Derrick Brooks at 97 there Cholly. This being Derrick Brooks:

And this being Derrick Thomas:
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 11-05-2010 at 08:24 PM.

That would be Derrick Brooks at 97 there Cholly. This being Derrick Brooks:

And this being Derrick Thomas:
    Oh shit!!!! My bad. Just glanced at it. Both belong in there. Speaking of Derrick Brooks, where's Warren Sapp?