Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 77 of 77
  1. #71  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,318
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Satan has nothing to do with it. Betrayal is the basis of all sin. You betray yourself, someone else, or Him. Thatís it - so save the "influence" propaganda for someone who hasnít been to the Big Rodeo yet.
    I don't blame Satan for most things because mankind's behavior is sinister enough without any external help. I do suspect he has a hand in the big things. As I stated earlier, people either overestimate or underestimate Satan. To do either is a mistake. As you stated, the Devil didn't invent sin. Sin is a natural occurence when the will of man is at odds with the will of God. Satan, however, can use the sin that is already present in a human heart to achieve his ends.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #72  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Satan encourages that kind of thinking. Makes his job easier.
    Oh please:

    I hate to say this, and I respect you and all but for fuck's sake,

    wake up!!!

    There is no devil.

    You are just playing into Duncan's hands when you say that there is.

    I will not say anything here about your other beliefs, but belief in the devil really is utterly, utterly immoral.

    It is in any event, but especially, in this one. Why? Because it gives him a pass.

    Surely, you can see this. For your god's sake, not mine, you should see that there is only one just, only one right outcome in this case...a bullet in the head.

    Duncan is a sick fuck, but a human, sick fuck. Not a devil-originated sick fuck.

    Anything else is liberal prevarication.

    I have a hunch that the jury in this case is going to return the DP.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #73  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Weíve allowed the development of the human-rodent prototype to go too far. Time to exterminate this kind of varmint.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #74  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Oh please:

    I hate to say this, and I respect you and all but for fuck's sake,

    wake up!!!

    There is no devil.

    You are just playing into Duncan's hands when you say that there is.

    I will not say anything here about your other beliefs, but belief in the devil really is utterly, utterly immoral.

    It is in any event, but especially, in this one. Why? Because it gives him a pass.

    Surely, you can see this. For your god's sake, not mine, you should see that there is only one just, only one right outcome in this case...a bullet in the head.

    Duncan is a sick fuck, but a human, sick fuck. Not a devil-originated sick fuck.

    Anything else is liberal prevarication.

    I have a hunch that the jury in this case is going to return the DP.
    To be fair, I don't think FlaGator is alleviating the guy of any responsibility for his actions.

    The way I was always taught, and I think its pretty standard, is that the devil can usually just tempt you (how he actually engineers situations without controlling or coecring people I don't know;), and supposedly God will never let you be put in front of a temptation that you don't have the power to resist.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #75  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    That's right, Wilbur. The devil made him do it is not really recognized by CHristians. The devil is actually powerless when it comes to the choice a human makes. He can offer the choice, but can't make the choice for you.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #76  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    121
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Oh please:

    I hate to say this, and I respect you and all but for fuck's sake,

    wake up!!!

    There is no devil.
    I find this to be reasonable coming from you hamp, considering that you do not believe God exists, I can't very well expect you to believe a devil exists, but why the need to ram your lack of belief at us in such large font? irritated much?

    You are just playing into Duncan's hands when you say that there is.
    according to the article, Duncan did not want the video shown (for obvious reasons) however, he was not using the devil as a defense, he was speaking on the videotape & talking about Devils & demons, I am the one who asked "did the Devil possess him, to do these acts? Personally, I would like to utilize a blowtorch on Duncan's hands, before moving on to more sensitive areas of his scumbag self..

    I will not say anything here about your other beliefs, but belief in the devil really is utterly, utterly immoral.

    It is in any event, but especially, in this one. Why? Because it gives him a pass.
    hamp, how in the hell is a belief in the devil immoral?
    No one on this thread is giving Duncan a pass, or trying to, I guess to my way of thinking, it is hard to believe that a human being is capable of inflicting such torture & evil on a person, much less a child, without a 'greater force' of evil incarnate to cause such diabolical acts.
    Separated, I cut myself clean
    From a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams
    Been apprehended by a spiritual force
    And a grace that replaced all the me Ive divorced ~ Jesus Freak - DC Talk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #77  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,318
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Oh please:

    I hate to say this, and I respect you and all but for fuck's sake,

    wake up!!!

    There is no devil.

    You are just playing into Duncan's hands when you say that there is.

    I will not say anything here about your other beliefs, but belief in the devil really is utterly, utterly immoral.

    It is in any event, but especially, in this one. Why? Because it gives him a pass.

    Surely, you can see this. For your god's sake, not mine, you should see that there is only one just, only one right outcome in this case...a bullet in the head.

    Duncan is a sick fuck, but a human, sick fuck. Not a devil-originated sick fuck.

    Anything else is liberal prevarication.

    I have a hunch that the jury in this case is going to return the DP.
    You should read my posts before commenting on them. I don't think that Satan is in any way responsible for Duncan's behavior. I was merely commenting on the fact that I believe Satan to be a real being. How is it immoral to believe that Satan exists? I would enjoy hearing you expound upon this.

    You wouldn't be trying to force your beliefs on me would you? :)
    Last edited by FlaGator; 08-26-2008 at 09:19 AM.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •