Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    My heart says the death penalty is wrong...my stomach says to fry the bastard.
    Same here. These type of abominations always create a conflict in me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I think people like him ought to die a slow and painful death. It's why I've always advocated the return of Crucifixion and/or impalement for such animals.

In almost 25 yrs as a cop and detective, I've testified in my share of cases, some nearly as bad as this one. I worked homicide for a few years. I've seen these animals close up,interviewed them about their crime(s), and never got over desperately wishing that they'd do something, anything, that would permit us to use deadly force, thus saving the taxpayers a lot of money and providing us with great satisfaction to boot.
    Last edited by Chuck58; 08-22-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

I hadn't heard about this case.

I read in the article that he's acting as his own attorney. I hope what that means is that there isn't a lawyer in the country that would represent this monster.

I understand people that object to the death penalty, but this is another textbook case of why we have it. This thing can not be rehabilitated, and humankind is ill-served by its very existence. A thousand years in prison will not make it sorry for what it did nor change it in any way. The highest and best use of this creature is fish bait or perhaps as a cadaver for medical students to study.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

No, no, no. No death penalty.

You find some pipers and tell them that the guy has 200 crack rocks hidden in various places inside his body and they get to keep whatever they find. If they do a thorough enough search and find nothing, they get 500 rocks as a reward.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    They should just send him to fed prison and let him experience some of what he did to those kids... then the inmates can take care of him like they took care of jeffery dahmer.
    That is a complete misconception. Other than being ostracized, nothing would happen to him. I did time in three of the most violent Federal Prisons (Three Rivers, Texas was THE most violent in the system when I was there) and not once did anything like this even come close to happening.

Jeffery Dahmer was in State custody and his death was a contract hit not "inmate" inspired justice.

I am glad I am not on the jury. I would be haunted by the videos for the rest of my life. I would not be able to watch them.

7. #17 Go 
    He has tourtured and murdered others. He killed a boy in Ca. He picked Shasta because he saw her playing in her yard in her bathing suit on a hot day in the sprinklers. I hope he burns in hell.
    ________
    Zoloft settlement
    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-18-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I am glad I am not on the jury. I would be haunted by the videos for the rest of my life. I would not be able to watch them.
    My Mom served on a murder trial about two years ago. The death penalty was not an option but the photos of the victim's body (he had hidden it in a hole in the woods) will haunt her forever.The father of the murderer is the one that told them about his son's favorite place in the woods or they would have never found her.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I hadn't heard about this case.

I read in the article that he's acting as his own attorney. I hope what that means is that there isn't a lawyer in the country that would represent this monster.

I understand people that object to the death penalty, but this is another textbook case of why we have it. This thing can not be rehabilitated, and humankind is ill-served by its very existence. A thousand years in prison will not make it sorry for what it did nor change it in any way. The highest and best use of this creature is fish bait or perhaps as a cadaver for medical students to study.
    When they captured him, it was all over the news. The waitress at the diner was really a quick thinker. She recognized the little girl and stalled him from leaving with her until the police got there by bringing the girl a sundae.

I sit the fence all the time on the death penalty. Outside of the moral implications of our society, and my general belief that, absent self-defense (which I consider encompasses just wars), only God has the right to take a life; I have a hard time justifying why this kind of piece of shit shouldn't die.

The only problem I would have with executing this... person... is that modern execution methods are too quick.
    He does not deserve humane treatment.
    IMHO, he gave up his humanity when he stole it from a child.
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade