Thread: "Criticize Barack Obama in Any Way and You Will be Labeled a Racist by Someone."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1 "Criticize Barack Obama in Any Way and You Will be Labeled a Racist by Someone." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Is Eligibility Question 'Racist'?

    Criticize Barack Obama in Any Way and You Might be Labeled a Racist by Someone.

    Question his constitutional eligibility and it is a certainty.

    In fact, though some 58 percent of Americans do question his eligibility, according to the latest CNN poll, the self-described "African-American magazine" Africana Online recently published a piece making the extraordinary claim that anyone doing so is guilty of "backdoor racism."

    Why? How?

    Here's the cogent explanation: "Asking for Obama's birth certificate is a form of racism. Did anyone demand McCain's? He was born in Panama. Why was Obama's birth certificate so important? Because he was black, perhaps? No Tea Partier would admit that to be true, but I can't think of any other reason why the birther theory grew."

    Maybe I can enlighten the author and the publisher.

    As a matter of fact, the Senate of the United States, which included Barack Obama at the time, did, indeed, insist on viewing John McCain's long-form birth certificate to establish his presidential eligibility in 2008, despite the fact that he had previously run for president. The Senate unanimously, and that includes Barack Obama, voted to certify McCain's constitutional eligibility.

    The only one of its kind in the world -- check out what's new at the WND Superstore's "Birth Certificate Store"

    So the question is not why Obama's birth certificate is so important. The question should be why wasn't Obama's birth certificate important, when McCain's was.

    Perhaps we can provide some alternate theories to the racist canard.

    Why is it that John McCain was asked to prove his eligibility and Obama wasn't? Wouldn't that suggest a kind of reverse racism in the myopic eyes of Africana Online? Is it plausible that American citizens both black and white wonder why Obama maintains such an aversion to producing the most innocent document we are all asked to produce frequently through our lifetimes? Why the hesitancy? Why is Obama willing to spend millions of dollars fighting lawsuits to see the proof of his Hawaiian birth? Why is he willing to let decorated servicemen face jail sentences rather than release the document publicly and end all the questions?


    http://www.wnd.com/index.php/index.php?pageId=224493
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,865
    John McCain was born in the canal zone. Even though that doesn't make him ineligible, it is not one of the 50 states, so the long form was needed.

    Barak Obama was born in Hawaii. The standard replacement certificate that everyone now gets if they lost the original always suffices for government purposes. I have one from Indiana that looks almost exactly like the on-line version of Obama's, it just has a blue backround instead of a green one, and says Indiana instead of Hawaii.



    It's not racist to criticize Obama's position on issues, or to criticize his policies, and anyone on the left who makes that claim is a dumbass. However, the birther thing is old and has been settled in most people's minds. Because a very small segment of the populace won't let this go, they do look racist, mainly because they are questioning the eligibility of the first black president, based on their opinion, not on the legal documents and facts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,100
    not on the legal documents and facts.
    Where are they?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    John McCain was born in the canal zone. Even though that doesn't make him ineligible, it is not one of the 50 states, so the long form was needed.

    Barak Obama was born in Hawaii. The standard replacement certificate that everyone now gets if they lost the original always suffices for government purposes. I have one from Indiana that looks almost exactly like the on-line version of Obama's, it just has a blue backround instead of a green one, and says Indiana instead of Hawaii.



    It's not racist to criticize Obama's position on issues, or to criticize his policies, and anyone on the left who makes that claim is a dumbass. However, the birther thing is old and has been settled in most people's minds. Because a very small segment of the populace won't let this go, they do look racist, mainly because they are questioning the eligibility of the first black president, based on their opinion, not on the legal documents and facts.
    This smacks of a false conclusion. The only thing racist about this is your statement that he is "the first Black president."

    The small population you quote is larger than you perceive. The documents are in question and that is the issue. The fact that he is Black is irrelevant to the actual argument. Now if they question those documents BECAUSE he is Black would demand proof, not a simple dismissal because you wish it to go away.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    John McCain was born in the canal zone. Even though that doesn't make him ineligible, it is not one of the 50 states, so the long form was needed.

    Barak Obama was born in Hawaii. The standard replacement certificate that everyone now gets if they lost the original always suffices for government purposes. I have one from Indiana that looks almost exactly like the on-line version of Obama's, it just has a blue backround instead of a green one, and says Indiana instead of Hawaii.



    It's not racist to criticize Obama's position on issues, or to criticize his policies, and anyone on the left who makes that claim is a dumbass. However, the birther thing is old and has been settled in most people's minds. Because a very small segment of the populace won't let this go, they do look racist, mainly because they are questioning the eligibility of the first black president, based on their opinion, not on the legal documents and facts.
    I wouldn't call that racist, but I certainly would call it utterly and completely irrational and stupid. This has been settled nineteen ways from Sunday: Barack Obama was born on Oahu in August of 1961. Period. There is more than sufficient documentation there, and the simple fact is that it's not physically possible for him to have been born in Kenya and to have received the documentation that he did in Hawaii in the time span that he did.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    Nah its not racist.

    Just stupid. Incredibly fucking stupid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Nah its not racist.

    Just stupid. Incredibly fucking stupid.
    Nearly as stupid, incredibly F*ing stupid as requiring John McCain to,,,oh wait, McCain provided his documents.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Grouchy Old Broad Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    This has been settled nineteen ways from Sunday: Barack Obama was born on Oahu in August of 1961. Period. There is more than sufficient documentation there, and the simple fact is that it's not physically possible for him to have been born in Kenya and to have received the documentation that he did in Hawaii in the time span that he did.
    He was born in Oahu PERIOD you say.
    So you have seen this "sufficient documentation" with your own eye?

    I have a very hard time seeing where sufficient proof has been given since he is still refusing to produce a birth certificate.

    But I will agree with you on one point - it is not physically possible for him to have been born in Kenya and then gotten the alledged documentation that he says he has in Hawaii. He is lying about Hawaii.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,065
    Oh for fucks sake people, Obumble is going to be our president for the next two years. He is a citizen and Adam is right, it has been proven.

    You seriously need to question your sanity if you persist in jousting with the BS "citizenship windmill".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Oh for fucks sake people, Obumble is going to be our president for the next two years. He is a citizen and Adam is right, it has been proven.

    You seriously need to question your sanity if you persist in jousting with the BS "citizenship windmill".
    Your sig line has also expired.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •