Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Wants to Give One Billion American Dollars to the Republic of Georgia 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Well known liberal attack dog Boston's Larry O'Donnell

A refugee shelter in Tbilisi, Georgia. (PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES)

Jack Cafferty:
    Should U.S. taxpayers spend $1 billion to reconstruct Georgia?

Here’s my question to you: Should American taxpayers spend $1 billion for reconstruction in the republic of Georgia?

Barack Obama wants to give one billion American dollars to the Republic of Georgia for reconstruction efforts. The United States is already providing humanitarian assistance… as it should. This would be extra. The proposal actually came from Senator Joseph Biden, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, who is also rumored to be on Obama’s shortlist for V-P.

Biden went to Georgia last week and came back saying the Russian invasion of its neighbor is quote “one of the most significant events to occur in Europe since the end of communism.” end quote. Biden’s vowing to work with the White House to get legislation passed so that the U.S. can start spending that money as soon as Congress reconvenes.

Hey it’s not like we aren’t already spending a few bucks overseas. $700 billion a year on imported oil… 200 billion a year on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Tens of billions to rebuild Iraq’s infrastructure.

Now it’s time to start boxing up hundred dollar bills and sending them to Mr. Saakashvili who started this whole dust up with the Russian bear? Give me a break.

We’re almost ten trillion dollars in debt… with 63 trillion in unfunded liabilities for our own entitlement programs like medicare and social security… an estimated 500 billion dollar deficit for next year. Our own infrastructure is falling down around our ears… I mean come on… I’m sure the Georgians are very nice people… but we’re busted over here.

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/

Eyelids
    Aren't you guys supposed to in favor of stuff like this?

Only if it's a Republican. :D

In all seriousness..No taxpayer money should be given to foreign nations...period.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Eyelids
    I dont like it either, mainly because I think this whole thing is Georgia's fault. But if it were McCain or Bush supporting this I dont think you guys would be able to love it fast enough.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I dont like it either, mainly because I think this whole thing is Georgia's fault. But if it were McCain or Bush supporting this I dont think you guys would be able to love it fast enough.
    Yeah, this was totally Georgia's fault. Like the way they pushed all those Russian tanks into Georgia, then forced the Russians to shoot their countrymen at gunpoint, all while Russia was screaming for international intervention against Georgian warmongering.

Then as soon as the peace treaty was proposed, the Russians signed it and pulled all of their troops out of Georgia.

Seriously, are you drunk already? Did you remember to offer a bit of your 40 to your dead homies?

Eyelids
    South Ossetians do not consider themselves Georgians and the Georgian military were the ones who made the first move. Kick around the hornets nest and see what happens...

Patent Member
    South Ossetians do not consider themselves Georgians and the Georgian military were the ones who made the first move. Kick around the hornets nest and see what happens...
    South Ossetia was still part of Georgia.

If this was only about South Ossetia, why were the Russians pouring throughout all of Georgia, attacking the oil pipeline and their ports? FYI, neither of which was in South Ossetia.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    If this was only about South Ossetia, why were the Russians pouring throughout all of Georgia, attacking the oil pipeline and their ports? FYI, neither of which was in South Ossetia.
    Aren't you guys, like, the biggest proponents of total war ever?

"DESTROY TEH ENEMY AT ALL COSTS, HUNT THEM DOWN AND GAAHHHHH"

Patent Member
    Aren't you guys, like, the biggest proponents of total war ever?

"DESTROY TEH ENEMY AT ALL COSTS, HUNT THEM DOWN AND GAAHHHHH"
    Um, yeah, try to answer the question.

If this was about South Ossetia, why did the Russians invade Georgia proper? Why are Russian troops still in Georgia, despite promising to pull out?

The Russians could have destroyed Georgia's military capabilities (and they did) without invading Georgia proper. So again, why are Russians in Georgia?

Meh. Reduce the stipend we give to the Star of David by $19,230,775 a week for a year and that’ll cover the paltry billion. BFD.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)