Thread: Friggin "art"

1. #1 Friggin "art" 
    I never had my camera with me when I pass this so called art. It is on the side of I-4 going to Tampa, if they are allowed to make us look at this, they should not gripe about the Confederate flag going up about 1 mile away!

Art -

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

If I were an artist and that labor filled my rice bowl, then it would matter if people supported my work. But I’m not - so it doesn’t. A flag of war is, for the most part - not a work of art. No more than someone’s face on a "T" shirt. It is an attempt at an iconic statement. A shop owner here in Little Saigon attempted to fly a small North Vietnamese flag, inside his place and the local residents destroyed his business, drug him out in the street and nearly cut his throat.

Guess that icon didn’t work out so well for him.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Vepr
    I don't know if that is art but it is better than half the crap hanging in most galleries. :D

AT&T should use that in those "more bars in more places" ads.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    I don't know if that is art but it is better than half the crap hanging in most galleries. :D
    Plus, it probably amuses small children on long car rides, so it serves a purpose.

I have yet to understand why Jackson Pollack's paintings are considered art. The only painting I own is a Howard Finster woodcut.

I found this-

Art

You can visit Stonehenge in Europe or the United States. But there's only one place to visit the Airstream Ranch--just west of Plant City, Florida.

It's all the brainchild of a local RV dealer--yeah, the same guy who painted advertising signs on the sides of cows and turned them loose in a pasture near his dealership. But this time, Frank Bates may really be on to something. With "A" frames in the ground, and bumpers pointed skyward, a row of seven retired Airstream trailers glints in the Florida sunshine, perhaps causing as much wonderment in passerby as do the ancient stone formations in Wiltshire.

Bates wants the attention, and sure, he'd like it if you'd stop on by and purchase an RV. But in Frank's mind, this is art. Even if the neighbors don't all agree. One critic sums it up, "You can only dress up a pig so much." Local government officials aren't exactly in agreement either. While Environmental Protection officials don't have a squawk, code enforcement officers are firing off a letter telling Bates his exhibit constitutes an unlawful collection of debris. Bates says he'll fight to keep his art on display--right where it is.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.