Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 my nephew was very seriously injured in Afghanistan yesterday (IED) 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Very sorry to hear this Kip and I hope he recovers.

Kip Humphrey (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-10-10 05:27 PM
    Original message my nephew was very seriously injured in Afghanistan yesterday (IED)

My nephew, Trey, was very seriously injured yesterday in Sangin Afghanistan by an IED. A marine in his second enlistment and 4th tour, he was leading his platoon on foot patrol when the IED went off. We don't yet know if he will survive his injuries which are listed V.S.I., the most severe category of injury.

Please keep Trey in your thoughts & prayers.
    I wonder if that DU POS mike_c will post that the kid deserved it since all US troops are murderers. That is what he believes after all.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Terrible thing. I hope he makes it.

I certainly hope he makes a complete recovery and he and his family will be in my prayers.

Kip, my prayers are with your nephew and family.

My prayers also Kip, for him and his family.

~ ABC

Thoughts and prayers for a good recovery.

Oh, man ....

Kip Humphrey (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-10-10 07:43 PM
    Response to Original message
    55. update on my nephew...

Trey is at Bagram. His right foot was traumatically amputated and he has shrapnel wounds to both his legs, his right arm and the right side of his back. He was scheduled to be flown to Germany today but was bumped off the flight and will be flown out tomorrow. My thanks go out to the best healthcare professionals in the world for saving Trey's life.

For those who have asked, Trey is Sgt. Thomas Humphrey III, Squad leader, First Platoon, Kilo Company, Third Battalion, Fifth Marines, Sangin, Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

My many, many thanks to all you who have posted here for your kind words or dots "." of support. With tears in my eyes, I am honored by your outpouring. DU is a special place to me because of the caliber of folks who participate here... folks such as each of you. I am finding it a very special place indeed in this time of tribulation.

Thank you again, and
    may we have peace in our time,
    Kip
    My prayers for speedy and painless recovery, and my eternal thanks for this sacrifice.

We can never thank them enough.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Prayers for Trey's recovery and continued courage throughout the rest of his life! May God Bless him richly!
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

No matter our differences, love for our troops, especially this week of Veterans Day, should always come first.

I will say with confidence Kip that EVERYONE on this board wishes your nephew a full and fast recovery from his wounds. God's speed Kip.

I think what truly makes this a Best Of is that I just skimmed through about 100 replies, and I didn't see one that was trying to make a political point.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.