Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    I've never seen so much nuancing, sidestepping, etc. to avoid the obvious in my life.
    I've tried to understand the reasoning, but when reality just refuses to back one's position, over and over, there comes a point when it has to be considered.
    Clearly, you've never read one of Wilbur's posts before. Here's a link to another thread where he set the gold standard for evasion. Enjoy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Ah, so your sole concern was to get me to go after the God of the Bible? Kind of a one-trick-pony aren't you? Pass...
    If you think that killing people for blasphemy is bad in all cases then you already have gone after the God of the Bible. Nice job on that front. I just wanted to make sure you understand the implications of condemning Muslims for killing blasphemers.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 11-19-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Night Owl, I am going to ask you two questions. They are both simple yes or no questions. There is no need to elaborate with a mile long post that can be condensed to one word.

1. Do you think the death penalty is warranted in this case?

2. Would you be making this same argument regarding the Muslim faith if Christians were going to murder a Muslim woman for blasphemy?
    1. No.
    2. Yes.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    If you think that killing people for blasphemy is bad in all cases then you already have gone after the God of the Bible. Nice job on that front. I just wanted to make sure you understand the implications of condemning Muslims for killing blasphemers.
    While I am grateful for your concern about my understanding of the implications, please understand that your agenda isn't mine, and that I'm less far concerned with the practices of ancient Israelites than I am with modern Muslims, who are currently operating a global war to advance Sharia and destroy the west. However, if you feel that using a cheap rhetorical trick to get me to condemn a 2,000 year old practice justifies your time, be my guest, but but unless you plan to strap on a bomb and shout "Allahu Akbar" before detonating in a crowd, your religious convictions or lack of them are of no interest to me.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You have a really low bar set for "outrage". I made a mild comment. My mild comment was observational and accurate. Much more has been made in the press when gay men are the object of Islamic law. Women, Christians, Druze, and agnostics don't feel much love from the international community, let alone the professional advocacy community.
    I've always made a big deal about it whenever somebody gets drastically punished over something "little" and so forth. The first time I ever saw an execution of a woman who had supposedly committed adultry on TV, I wanted the Taliban dead just for that.