1. #1 Seven weeks ago gas by me was $2.35 a gallon for regular, today it's $2.79 
    link

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Nov-12-10 10:58 AM
    Original message
    Seven weeks ago gas by me was $2.35 a gallon for regular, today it's $2.79 Updated at 7:56 AM

is this the continuing theft of America?
    IT'S OBAMA's FAULT!!!!1111!!!!

catbyte (648 posts) Fri Nov-12-10 11:06 AM
    Response to Original message
    5. Gas jumped $.30 four days after the election

from $2.78 to $3.10 for regular in Grand Rapids, MI. They're blaming a refinery fire in Chicago, but gas is still $3.07. I think it's a big THANK YOU to the GOP.
    LOL LOL LOL. If gas prices go down it's a 'thank you' or manipulation to favor the GOP. If prices go up then it's a 'thank you' to the GOP.

That way liberals ALWAYS win.
    Andy823 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Nov-12-10 11:06 AM
    6. Over $3.00 in my area.

It was up to $3.29 for labor day, and stayed that way till after hunting season in October. Now it's come down to $3.21! Diesel was up to $3.65 until after hunting season, now it's down to $3.49! I can go 60 miles from here to a larger town and it was $3.09 at the end of October.

Once again republicans are in charge of one house in congress and can keep any new regulations from going forward, so the speculators are trying to make a killing, not only with oil, but other commodities lie food! This what we get when we can't regulate these assholes!
    Xenotime (1000+ posts) Fri Nov-12-10 11:14 AM
    12. Blame Bush. Notice everytime he sticks his head out of his hole gas prices go up.
    Right, it's Bush's fault.

madville (652 posts) Fri Nov-12-10 11:27 AM
    15. The dollar is on a downhill slide

When the dollar gets weaker it takes more to buy a barrel of oil, It's as cheap as it ever will be right now, kinda scary.
    Notice they don't talk about how much money Obama and his financial guru's are printing just for this effect-inflation.

It's $3.05 here. They say it's temporary and should go back to the $2.70 or so we've gotten used to for the past 2 years or so.

It's still cheaper than the $4.50 a gallon we were paying a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's $3.05 here. They say it's temporary and should go back to the $2.70 or so we've gotten used to for the past 2 years or so.

It's still cheaper than the $4.50 a gallon we were paying a few years ago.
    higher prices not surprising. You can't pump trillions of printed dollars up and not expect inflation to be far away. Some food prices have jumped upwards of 50% in the last two years.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I hope these DUmmies know that the Pelosi congress wants to institute another gas tax.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's a two-part situation at the moment. We have the dollar weakening and the rapid amounts of spending have triggered a boom in commodities, including gold and silver. Oil is sensitive in changes to the dollar since it is the currency of choice when it is priced.

From my point of view, the commodity prices have hit their short-term highs and I expect them to start cooling off or pulling back.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I hope these DUmmies know that the Pelosi congress wants to institute another gas tax.
    Ditto.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I blame Halliburton.

Oh yeah, and Dick Cheney too.:D

Damn!!!! I just can't believe the DUmbasses. They are in favor of every unfounded enviro interest, they support Obama's shutting down the gulf for 6 months. They support not allowing us to drill anyfucking where. They just love cap and trade. They constantly want to rape "big oil". They want to throw more good money at wind farms, solar, bio, etc. And, they're bitching about gas prices. They are too fucking stupid to live!!!!!