Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You guys just aren't seeing the potential here or the scope for human musicianship. This is not a program executed by AI for the purposes of conforming to a sterile programming exercise. This is a new musical tool.

Hundreds of years ago, you were the same guys complaining that keyboard instruments "had too many notes" and put lute players on the unemployment lines.

:p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You guys just aren't seeing the potential here or the scope for human musicianship. This is not a program executed by AI for the purposes of conforming to a sterile programming exercise. This is a new musical tool.

Hundreds of years ago, you were the same guys complaining that keyboard instruments "had too many notes" and put lute players on the unemployment lines.

Yes, much like the calculator that has people unable to do long division and spell-checker that has people unable to spell correctly without it and cell phone texting that has people forgetting how to speak their native tongue. Yeah, this can only be good for music.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Sorry, Ginger, but this is one of the rare occasions I will agree with Megi on something. It's usually recipes, but on this issue too, he is spot on. You can't compare this shlock with Mozart.

The sounds made by the cat and fox population during the summer months in these parts have more musical integrity than this fad rubbish.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post

The sounds made by the cat and fox population during the summer months in these parts have more musical integrity than this fad rubbish.
    Next you'll be yelling at me to get off your lawn. :p

If you want to see the promise of tomorrow's music, I give you Jonathan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6sfJyD1Ljo

I know, it looks like just a cute kid grooving to Brahms with a chopstick in his hand, but if you know anything about the conducting of a classical orchestra, then you will see it and shit bricks.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 11-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Ginger is actually a highly sophisticated robot!:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Ginger is actually a highly sophisticated robot!:eek:
    If Ginger was a highly sophisticated robot, she would have already deleted you from her program. :p

Next you'll be yelling at me to get off your lawn. :p
    Ooops. Missed my own fox reference there. :D You know what I mean though.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

If Ginger was a highly sophisticated robot, she would have already deleted you from her program. :p

Sing something for us. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Sing something for us. :p
    How about that old favorite, "18 Posts On New Tech And Not One For An Actual Dead Composer"? ;)