View Poll Results: Best Captain?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kirk

6 75.00%
  • Picard

2 25.00%
  • I'm a lame spaz who doesn't like Star Trek and as such, I prefer Captain Kangaroo.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The best newspaper correction ever (Hey, wait a second. Are they making fun of us??) 
    Do we detect the slightest little hint of sarcasm in this Australian newspaper’s correction? We hope not, because as everyone knows, the original Star Trek was the greatest program in the history of television.

We’re sorry for claiming Captain Kirk was in command of Captain Picard’s starship

YESTERDAY, a news.com.au article incorrectly stated that the Star Trek starship USS Enterprise-E, otherwise known as model NNC-1701-E, was the successor to Captain Kirk’s original USS Enterprise.It has since been brought to our attention that the NNC-1701-E in fact came two models after Captain Kirk retired and was under the command of Captain Jean Luc Picard.

Read the original, poorly-researched article here

User “Your Mum’s Lunch” led the charge of those who correctly pointed out that after losing the original Enterprise to the Klingons, Captain Kirk was given the Excelsior Class Enterprise-B as a stop-gap measure until the refit of the Enterprise-A was completed.

Kirk’s last ship was the Ambassador Class Enterprise-C.

Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E were in fact, the first of the Galaxy Class models and were under the command of Captain Picard.

There were also some concerns about whether the incorrect use of the term “hyperspace” in describing warp drive technology may harm the original Star Trek concept, particularly the books.

News.com.au apologises unreservedly for the error.

There was no intention whatsoever to suggest Captain Kirk may have commanded the Galaxy Class Starships Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E.

Any damage to the Star Trek brand incurred by the use of the term “hyperspace” is regretful.

No malice was intended and a correction to the original article will be made.

We also agree that Patrick Stewart is a handsome man, a sentiment expressed by several readers.

Addendum – We’re also sorry for any errors in this apology.

Patrick Stewart handsome? Piffle. We’re pretty sure that alien women prefer Captain Kirk twenty-to-one.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/the-bes...-ever-trekkies
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Holy crap, these people didn't even try. They got it all wrong and now me, the Star Trek geek, must fix a few things:

User “Your Mum’s Lunch” led the charge of those who correctly pointed out that after losing the original Enterprise to the Klingons, Captain Kirk was given the Excelsior Class Enterprise-B as a stop-gap measure until the refit of the Enterprise-A was completed.
    Um, no. Capt. Kirk stole the original Enterprise and ended up scuttling it over the Genesis planet in order to even the odds against Capt. Krug(Christopher Lloyd). After commandeering the Klingon Bird of Prey, which he used to go back to 1987 to retrieve a couple of whales, he was court marshaled over the Enterprise business and reduced in rank to Captain and was given the brand new Enterprise-A(which Scotty said was put together by monkeys). He never commanded the Enterprise-B. His only connection to that ship was when he was on board during it's maiden voyage as a guest along with Scotty and Chekov. Kirk was thought killed when the Enterprise-B encountered the Nexus which badly damaged the ship with most of the damage being in the section Kirk was last known to have been. Of course he was found in the Nexus by Picard and was brought back to help Picard defeat Soran. Kirk was killed in the confrontation. I won't waste anyone's time on Kirk's resurrection by The Borg.

Kirk’s last ship was the Ambassador Class Enterprise-C
    Wow. Um, no. This would be a major logistic impossibility. Leaving out the events I listed above, the Enterprise-C was commissioned in 2332. Kirk was born in 2233. It would be hardly appropriate for Starfleet to appoint a 99 year old Captain to it's newest ship. But that said, Kirk was lost almost 40 years before this ship was put into service. Besides, the Enterprise-C's only Captain was Rachael Garrett.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Not to mention, The Enterprise E is a Sovereign Class, not a Galaxy Class.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Not to mention, The Enterprise E is a Sovereign Class, not a Galaxy Class.
    Correct. Enterprise-D was Galaxy class.

That whole thing is butchered. I can probably easily point out 5 more errors at least without any difficulty.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I like the episodes with the green chicks in them.

I don't have the connection to get any photos this morning. :(
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    That whole thing is butchered. I can probably easily point out 5 more errors at least without any difficulty.
    You mean like using NNC instead of NCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post

I only remember green women being in the original pilot, The Cage. Vina.

Look! Shiny things!

*wanders off to watch paint dry*

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You mean like using NNC instead of NCC?

I only remember green women being in the original pilot, The Cage. Vina.
    You're right. There was a green chick in the last Movie. She was Uhura's roomate and was really cute.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post

Sorry they don't wear spandex and their not men so this leaves you out :D
    Last edited by Bailey; 11-13-2010 at 11:06 AM.